Non Rim Compliance Question

Non Rim Compliance Question

Postby Kaju65 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Are any of you on Non Rim Terms by choice? My GM is suggesting we choose to be non Rim compliant for various reasons. Is it possible to be non Rim compliant and still make it work?
Kaju65

Re: Non Rim Compliance Question

Postby smoyer » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:32 pm

You can but it will cost sales ebe, and ebf money because it is all tied together, also you lose the ability to do cso returns, and pay premium freight if you go over a certain percentage of cso orders
smoyer

Postby Kaju65 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:47 pm

I'm know about the cso returns, no return reserve, premium freight charges and 10% surcharge penalties. Can you explain the EBE penalties?
Kaju65

Postby smoyer » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Kaju65 wrote:I'm know about the cso returns, no return reserve, premium freight charges and 10% surcharge penalties. Can you explain the EBE penalties?

If sales hits what ever number gm has for them they won't get the payout every quarter because gm makes it all or nothing we are a small Cadillac store but it would cost us about 25k a quarter
why the pushback on rim? i know it can be a pain in the a$$ but it can managed with a little tweaking
smoyer

Postby Kaju65 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:02 pm

Yup, I agree it's a pain but I'm able to manage it well. I'm not quite sure why he suggested it but I want to learn about all the penalties if we do cut it off.
Kaju65

Postby greenthumb-38 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:17 pm

GM won't force you to be RIM and PASE compliant... but they will make you wish were.

the penalties are severe and then (from memory) you are required to be compliant for 90 days (??) to be return to your full benefits. I think if you did this, you will regret the decision for months to come.

RIM works for our store and works for the vast majority of dealerships nationwide. I am curious why this is even being considered ??

- gt is wondering why ??
greenthumb-38

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:41 pm

greenthumb-38 wrote:GM won't force you to be RIM and PASE compliant... but they will make you wish were.

the penalties are severe and then (from memory) you are required to be compliant for 90 days (??) to be return to your full benefits. I think if you did this, you will regret the decision for months to come.

RIM works for our store and works for the vast majority of dealerships nationwide. I am curious why this is even being considered ??

- gt is wondering why ??

It "works" for us as well, but it works even better for GM.. They are now looking to change how long we have to hold RIM parts before allowing us to return them, they are pushing for 24 months. Yup 2 years of tying up money.
bsnyder723

Return to Parts Managers