Warranty Parts Return Transmission Core

Warranty Parts Return Transmission Core

Postby MOPARRIGGAN » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:29 pm

Ok my friendly PMs, Ive only been a PM for 23 years, 18 of those with General Motors. In those years I can not remember sending an engine or transmission to the WPC that had a core charge.

Any idea who to submit the WPC form to for credit ?
MOPARRIGGAN

Re: Warranty Parts Return Transmission Core

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 pm

The credit goes on the warranty claim, which is likely already paid. The claim will have to be "adjusted" with the core charge added. Your warranty administrator will know how to do this. If not be sure to read the 33 page bulletin on how to do it.

YES YOU SAW THAT RIGHT - 33 PAGES.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby C8RFAN » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 pm

I recently had to do the same thing, I called the Warranty Parts Center help desk, and they walked me through it.

All the same paper work goes, but we got a bill of lading instead of a WPC ups label, and I had to call the LTL company to setup the pick up for the pallet.

Other than that, buisness as usual. My contact at the WPC helpdesk was awesome.. If you get in a jam or have a question, dont hesitate to call!
C8RFAN

Postby Zep33 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:01 pm

I'd go with the first reply - no offense :)

Also make sure that when you get the credit (You won't see it, your warranty admin will have to watch the schedule), that he / she / it will need to make sure that credit goes to your inventory / core account. It won't happen automatically
Zep33

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:43 pm

I forgot to look this up at work today. I believe this is the bulletin:

#99-00-89-019W: Global Warranty Management (GWM) Warranty Parts Center (WPC) Parts Return Program Information - (Jan 28, 2022)

You will find this in Service Information. Section "R" is what you are looking for. But as always, where GM warranty is concerned, you should be familiar with the entire document.

This procedure gets messy if you have crating costs and a core. The system currently doesn't allow both as the bulletin states. There are ways but it takes approval and your service rep.

This is not too difficult, just takes a lot of time the first time. As Zep said you do have to have someone (or you) watch the credits to make sure they go to the right place. Including the $25.00 you will get for doing this. Don't spend it all in one place. :)
Ichabod Farquar

Return to Parts Managers