GM WARRANTY PARTS SCRAP REPORT

GM WARRANTY PARTS SCRAP REPORT

Postby MOPARRIGGAN » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:23 am

Hello Friends, it has been a while since I have posted.

Where is the Warranty Parts Scrap Report located in Global Connect ? I have a report that shows claim paid along with vin number and paid amount but i do not see a report that says the words SCRAP .. I think i am to keep parts 72 hours past paid date , i plan on keeping them much longer just in case..

thank you for your Expert help !!
MOPARRIGGAN

Re: GM WARRANTY PARTS SCRAP REPORT

Postby Parts007 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:49 pm

Hold is 7 days after paid. I will scrap on day 8. Cores is 72 hours (i think)

I've never used the report. I always had trouble correlating the report to the parts on the shelf. I found it to be a waste of time.

I go to the Global Warranty Management section of Global and click on "View Transactions By Job Card". From here I type in my RO number and see the status. I will write down a list of parts to check and type them individually to check their status. I can usually take this list and scrap 90% of what I write down.
Parts007

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:51 pm

I do not know of a warranty parts scrap report that parts is able to access. Our warranty clerk prints me a report every day of what RO's paid, what parts on that RO paid and when. Warranty parts are to be held onto for seven days, it does not matter if that includes a Saturday, Sunday, New Years Day, Thanksgiving etc.
Warranty cores or recall parts are to be held onto for three days, again it does not matter if that includes the above mentioned.
You can look in Global Warranty Management for individual RO's and see if it has been paid, look under Analyze Warranty then Search Transactions and under Job Card Number type in the RO number. It will come up Transaction Paid, Transaction Rejected, GM Authorization Requested or nothing at all.
It's best and I speak from experience to let your warranty clerk print out the report mentioned in the first paragraph. If she does not know how your DMA would be able to assist.

May have found it, see next message but I would still have your warranty clerk handle this
Last edited by AlanHomes on Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlanHomes

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:49 pm

If I am correct, it's under Global Warranty Management View Transaction Summary Report is should default to your BAC enter the month/day/year you want to view
AlanHomes

Postby PARTSPHIL » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:49 pm

Search warranty scrapping report in Global. The first thing that comes up will be "09 Building a parts scrapping report in GWM" It will walk you through the process.

09 Building a Parts Scrapping Report in GWM
GM Global Warranty Management Foundation Training Course Building a Parts Scrapping Report in GWM .
PARTSPHIL

Return to Parts Managers