getting customers in for special order parts

getting customers in for special order parts

Postby fxwgrider80 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:41 pm

I know it is probably on here, but I can't find it. Looking for help getting customers in for their special order parts.
What works for you? Prepaid is good if it is not warranty and you can get advisors to co-operate. Making appointment
at time of order works as long as manufacturer supplies properly. Any other suggestions?
Thank you for all the help.
fxwgrider80

Re: getting customers in for special order parts

Postby smoyer » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:51 pm

first dont give service an option no parts ordered unless they are prepaid, second if they still dont return because service is too lazy to call the customer back, I would call them and say we have special order parts for your car and they will be returned in 10 days then switch them to service. last result return any special order parts that are over 30 days old and charge service the restocking fee
smoyer

Postby PartsDanager » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:14 pm

looks like you have the same problem I have- don't wanna be a hardass, have to be a hardass anyway. Only way it works is strict policy that is bound to make at least one advisor think you're the second coming of Satan :twisted: :lol:
PartsDanager

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:01 pm

fxwgrider80 wrote:I know it is probably on here, but I can't find it. Looking for help getting customers in for their special order parts.
What works for you? Prepaid is good if it is not warranty and you can get advisors to co-operate. Making appointment
at time of order works as long as manufacturer supplies properly. Any other suggestions?
Thank you for all the help.

Prepaid, period. Unless it's a warranty part. Even so, if service does not bother to get the customer in, return as a CSO and charge the 35% restock fee to their policy. It does cut down on their laziness
AlanHomes

Postby brparts » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:27 am

i posted this before but it is still a problem with lazy service department personal.i started to work for a dealer in 2006, when i took over, they had over $15,000.00 in warranty and special ordered parts 60 days old. i started calling the customers and most of them said they were never notified the parts were in. talked to the service manager and he said they don't have time to notify the customer. i started calling them back and told them to call the service dept and make a appointment or just come on down. service manager was not happy about that, went to the GM complaining. had a meeting and when the GM found out that customers were not being notified he he was not happy, got rid of over $10,000.00 in 60 days. you need to find out if customers are being notified.
brparts

Return to Parts Managers