Credit Memo?

Re: Credit Memo?

Postby ScottParts » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:34 pm

Zep33 wrote:If you use CM, you don't have to worry what today's price is versus when it was purchased on the original invoice.

CDK keeps it in memory for 12 months.

Also, it shouldn't be possible to credit a part that wasn't billed on that particular invoice (like a part still on order) - Only filled parts can be credited back. Unless there's a setting somewhere that allows it - But that shouldn't be turned on if it is

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to not use CM with CDK - You don't even have to type part numbers in, they're already there

I don't know about a "setting", but I was totally able to do it. It wasn't on the credit automatically, but I could add it as a -1 with no problem.
ScottParts

Re: Credit Memo?

Postby Zep33 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:15 pm

Well, yeah, you could -1 anything on any invoice.

I was thinking it was coming up in the box with all the filled parts you were crediting.

If it was a backorder released part sold on another invoice would be the only reason to go -1 just to keep it easier but I would still use the CM from the 2nd invoice if that was the case.

CM is actually a great feature CDK has - Don't understand why anyone wouldn't use it
Zep33

Previous

Return to Parts Managers