Chrysler PM Question

Chrysler PM Question

Postby Bailo1 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:01 pm

To any FCA parts managers out there: What is your process for determining what to send as E order type versus S order type. I've read the P&P and still am not totally sure I understand the benefits/pitfalls of each. My counter guy doesn't seem to have a great knowledge of the different order types and when each should be used. I feel like there's been multiple instances of parts that were ordered on order type E and took forever to get because of B/Os when if we had ordered them as S, we could of upgraded to VOR...
Bailo1

Re: Chrysler PM Question

Postby Bailo1 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Heard the crickets chirping last time I asked this...so I'll try one more time. Any advice any of you old Chrysler guys can offer a newbie would be much appreciated. If you're located around Central Indiana I'll buy you a beer if you let me bend your ear!
Bailo1

Postby TODDCASTER » Tue May 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Anything that shows at our facing depot is ordered E. Everything else is ordered S. The pitfall is that there is an upcharge that FCA hits you with if your S orders exceed a certain percentage of your total orders in dollars. It is a moving target so it is hard to keep track of. My guys usually know that if it is a part that can wait and is only a referral and not a backorder, they will order it on an E order. I'm sure someone has a better answer, but that is how we do it. When business is booming, we can afford to pay the up charge and absorb it into freight costs. You have to weigh if you need the part in order to keep the shop moving and keep CSI up.
I miss the old days of being able to say we will have it when it gets here.
TODDCASTER

Postby ehiatt » Wed May 18, 2016 1:33 pm

TODDCASTER wrote:I miss the old days of being able to say we will have it when it gets here.

Agreed.
Somewhat related, I currently have this in the window of my office:

IfItsInStock.jpg
IfItsInStock.jpg (145.63 KiB) Viewed 5586 times
ehiatt

Postby Bailo1 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:48 pm

TODDCASTER wrote:Anything that shows at our facing depot is ordered E. Everything else is ordered S. The pitfall is that there is an upcharge that FCA hits you with if your S orders exceed a certain percentage of your total orders in dollars. It is a moving target so it is hard to keep track of. My guys usually know that if it is a part that can wait and is only a referral and not a backorder, they will order it on an E order. I'm sure someone has a better answer, but that is how we do it. When business is booming, we can afford to pay the up charge and absorb it into freight costs. You have to weigh if you need the part in order to keep the shop moving and keep CSI up.
I miss the old days of being able to say we will have it when it gets here.

Toddcaster, thanks for the reply! That's the route I was planning on going--separating the order types based upon whether our facing PDC has it. Thanks again.
Bailo1

Postby Thirdmoon » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Another Question from a Canadian Dealer
Is there a page amongst the USA dealers in Dealerconnect that shows the backorders within chrysler as a list with the vendors as well?
It is becoming increasingly obvious that the Canadian dealers do not have as much available to them as our neighbors to the south.
Thirdmoon

Postby yosvany » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Even doing a s type order it takes forever and then a little longer, you can do a S order where dealer pays premium if you absolutely need the part or parts the fastest way possible but be ready to pay that freight. if its a Warranty repair just have your guy do the order and then upgrade it to a VOR and you can get it pretty fast too.
yosvany

Postby Stevenspeaking » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:39 pm

Thirdmoon
I have never seen vendor information provided to us. The only way to find out is watch for decals and paperwork left on the parts before they ship to dealers. I have also had a few Mopar employees hint at who the vendor is.

As for a backorder list are you looking for your specific orders or a top list from the corporate side?
For the dealer side there is a spot (Parts tab > Part Status > Backorder) which will have a list of open backorders with a status code.
For corporate side (Parts tab > Mopar supply chain Section > Top backordered parts) which has a list of the top 20 or so parts with info about the supply chain status.
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby Thirdmoon » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:51 pm

Stevenspeaking wrote:Thirdmoon
I have never seen vendor information provided to us. The only way to find out is watch for decals and paperwork left on the parts before they ship to dealers. I have also had a few Mopar employees hint at who the vendor is.

As for a backorder list are you looking for your specific orders or a top list from the corporate side?
For the dealer side there is a spot (Parts tab > Part Status > Backorder) which will have a list of open backorders with a status code.
For corporate side (Parts tab > Mopar supply chain Section > Top backordered parts) which has a list of the top 20 or so parts with info about the supply chain status.

Hello Stevenspeaking,

The parts status > backorder is available to me (canadian dealer)
The top 20 is not, wish we had access to this.
Are you able to email me a copy if I DM you my business email?
Thirdmoon

Postby Stevenspeaking » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:47 pm

Yes. My email is below.
Just be aware I may ask you to run locates on some parts from time to time :)
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Next

Return to Parts Managers