Chrysler PM Question

Re: Chrysler PM Question

Postby Thirdmoon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Stevenspeaking wrote:Yes. My email is below.
Just be aware I may ask you to run locates on some parts from time to time :)

Sent, and absolutely!
Thirdmoon

Postby Benjaminhanak » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:34 pm

This backorder situation is killing my online sales. This year I have had 560k in cancelled orders due to backorders. we have 1.8 million in sales this year and I could have sure used that extra revenue. We are using the S order quite a bit but we buy enough that it hasn't been an issue. Also, MOPAR has dropped the percentage of total purchases and that has helped.
Benjaminhanak

Postby Chevyspd » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:41 am

The backorder situation seems to only be getting worse. What we face more than anything at the moment is that Stellantis will not pay for the rental coverage on a warranty repair unless there was a VOR request entered. My warranty clerk comes to me every day asking for proof of VOR requests so that she can get rental claims paid of warranty RO's. As long as some of these B/O's are taking to come in, the rental bills can get absurd at $35/day. So, my parts counter team 'E' orders everything that is in our facing PDC, and 'S' orders everything that is not. If the RO is customer pay, then we give the customer the option to pay premium freight to speed up the process. (We used to call this next day air fee, but even premium freight doesn't get most things next day anymore.) If they do not want to pay the freight, then the transportation code is just DDS delivery. If they opt to pay the freight we use Dealer pays premium delivery, and pass that on to the consumer. Warranty will absolutely not pay that fee, so on warranty claims, we use the DDS delivery code, but immediately put in a VOR request, considering 99.99% of customers will not take their cars until they are repaired. Long winded, I know, but I hope it helps.
Chevyspd

Postby Thirdmoon » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:32 pm

CharlesWells wrote:The backorder situation seems to only be getting worse. What we face more than anything at the moment is that Stellantis will not pay for the rental coverage on a warranty repair unless there was a VOR request entered. My warranty clerk comes to me every day asking for proof of VOR requests so that she can get rental claims paid of warranty RO's. As long as some of these B/O's are taking to come in, the rental bills can get absurd at $35/day. So, my parts counter team 'E' orders everything that is in our facing PDC, and 'S' orders everything that is not. If the RO is customer pay, then we give the customer the option to pay premium freight to speed up the process. (We used to call this next day air fee, but even premium freight doesn't get most things next day anymore.) If they do not want to pay the freight, then the transportation code is just DDS delivery. If they opt to pay the freight we use Dealer pays premium delivery, and pass that on to the consumer. Warranty will absolutely not pay that fee, so on warranty claims, we use the DDS delivery code, but immediately put in a VOR request, considering 99.99% of customers will not take their cars until they are repaired. Long winded, I know, but I hope it helps.

How has it been with this system, are you seeing line items coming in quicker, at a better rate of time, etc?
What was the fee for premium freight?
I've been seeing a particular issue with referrals to my depot our of romulus.
A part will order, come in from romulus and sit at my facing for days before it is shipped out.
The 3, or 5 days doesn't mean a thing anymore.
Thirdmoon

Postby Chevyspd » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:39 pm

Thirdmoon wrote:
CharlesWells wrote:The backorder situation seems to only be getting worse. What we face more than anything at the moment is that Stellantis will not pay for the rental coverage on a warranty repair unless there was a VOR request entered. My warranty clerk comes to me every day asking for proof of VOR requests so that she can get rental claims paid of warranty RO's. As long as some of these B/O's are taking to come in, the rental bills can get absurd at $35/day. So, my parts counter team 'E' orders everything that is in our facing PDC, and 'S' orders everything that is not. If the RO is customer pay, then we give the customer the option to pay premium freight to speed up the process. (We used to call this next day air fee, but even premium freight doesn't get most things next day anymore.) If they do not want to pay the freight, then the transportation code is just DDS delivery. If they opt to pay the freight we use Dealer pays premium delivery, and pass that on to the consumer. Warranty will absolutely not pay that fee, so on warranty claims, we use the DDS delivery code, but immediately put in a VOR request, considering 99.99% of customers will not take their cars until they are repaired. Long winded, I know, but I hope it helps.

How has it been with this system, are you seeing line items coming in quicker, at a better rate of time, etc?
A part will order, come in from romulus and sit at my facing for days before it is shipped out.

It works well, and we do it mostly to make sure that Stellantis will pay the rental fees. Some of these parts being on backorder out past 20 and 30 days, all of a sudden you're in the $500 plus region just in rental fees that Stellantis WILL NOT pay for unless you have proof that a part was submitted for VOR request. Premium transportation varies on different parts, but the fee for each part can be seen on the part inquiry tab on dealerconnect. Remember, the fee is for each piece. That has gotten me a couple of times. Our PDC in ATL does the same...a parts that was referred and has to come through them first, will sit in a trailer for days before it comes to me. Luckily, most of the time anything that goes premium freight gets shipped in UPS. Of course, that carries its own set of problems, but at least they won't sit on a dock for a week lolol.
Chevyspd

Postby Thirdmoon » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:27 pm

CharlesWells wrote:
Thirdmoon wrote:

It works well, and we do it mostly to make sure that Stellantis will pay the rental fees. Some of these parts being on backorder out past 20 and 30 days, all of a sudden you're in the $500 plus region just in rental fees that Stellantis WILL NOT pay for unless you have proof that a part was submitted for VOR request. Premium transportation varies on different parts, but the fee for each part can be seen on the part inquiry tab on dealerconnect. Remember, the fee is for each piece. That has gotten me a couple of times. Our PDC in ATL does the same...a parts that was referred and has to come through them first, will sit in a trailer for days before it comes to me. Luckily, most of the time anything that goes premium freight gets shipped in UPS. Of course, that carries its own set of problems, but at least they won't sit on a dock for a week lolol.

Mine is just showing:
Est. Premium Transportation: N/A
(Order Type "S" with Delivery Option "A")
For all parts, it won't show me the price.
Thirdmoon

Postby Chevyspd » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:44 pm

Very interesting. I would definitely call the dealerconnect help desk to find out why if it is on every item. At the very least you need to know that pricing so that you know what to upcharge your customers. I know that any items that are Hazmat will show an N/A like most shocks/struts, touch up paints, chemicals, etc.
Chevyspd

Postby Thirdmoon » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:46 pm

CharlesWells wrote:Very interesting. I would definitely call the dealerconnect help desk to find out why if it is on every item. At the very least you need to know that pricing so that you know what to upcharge your customers. I know that any items that are Hazmat will show an N/A like most shocks/struts, touch up paints, chemicals, etc.

I going to blame the fact that I am in Canada on this.
Thirdmoon

Previous

Return to Parts Managers