DARTECH WIRELESS

DARTECH WIRELESS

Postby LivinDaDream » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Anyone else received emails from (potential) customers that claim to have purchased, or are about to purchase, a new Cadillac and they claim to have a need for an iPhone case that works with the phone charging console? I've received two so far, and they are LEADING us to www dot dartechwireless dot com, saying that they are interested in purchasing this thing, but that the company only sells wholesale. In checking this out, turns out that the minimum order is 20 units and it only fits the iPhone 6, 6S, and 7. The originating emails are both from xxx@gmail com. Smells like a marketing ploy to get Cadillac dealers loaded up with this thing.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this ??
LivinDaDream

Re: DARTECH WIRELESS

Postby RLWOLF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 pm

LivinDaDream,

DarTech is a legit firm.
I got hooked up with them a couple of years ago.
However, due to the volume they force you to purchase, I'm still trying to get rid of their product.
I've got cases for the 5,5s,6,6s,6Plus.
I wouldn't recommend getting hooked up with them unless you can get other dealers to split the order with you, or purchase from you.
(P.S. And you're right, they could be baiting you)

Thanks,
RLWOLF
RLWOLF

Postby Bucko21 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 pm

I got an email yesterday also, addressed to me and my General MGR.. I read this thing a couple of times and figured it was a scam to get me to buy a bunch of cases.. Now I know it.. The place is legit, but this to me is dirty selling..
Bucko21

Postby Zep33 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:26 pm

They go after Toyota dealers too - Claiming to be in the Tacoma club or some shit and all the members have been looking to make a group purchase of those.

They may be legit but very douchey sales tact.

I think I googled their address last year when I got the first email and it showed me an apartment complex.

You can buy those things at 7-11 if you just want a few for your counter to see how they move
Zep33

Postby gully » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:12 pm

I had a someone email me who had a GMC Yukon requesting an iphone case as well. Same story with the gmail including ALL the Dartech contact info. I talked with our sales mgr and he said he'd be able to sell them no problem, so I went ahead and ordered them. I still have 11 cases and 10 wireless chargers. The 'assumed customer' who originally requested the case never showed. His name wasn't in our customer base either.
gully

Postby LivinDaDream » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:53 pm

That's what I thought!! Thank you EVERYONE for responding, and YES, it was yesterday that I got the email from a "gmail" address; also, ironically, got one TWO years ago on the 15th of November from a supposed different customer that had a fleet of vehicles or drivers that needed these things, with a "gmail" address. There's no doubt that Dartech is a "legit" business ... the cases look nice and all, but as a parts manager, I am not in the habit of purchasing two years worth supply of ANYTHING, and certainly not accessory trinkets with spotty movement, at best!!

Happy Holidays to all !!
LivinDaDream

Postby Rykid50 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:44 pm

I have bought many from him. He's legit. They tried to get me into the big bundle but I wasn't about to do that. I buy maybe 10 at a time. We are a Cadillac store and only had maybe 2 issues and he stood by them 100%. The 7plus doesn't fit in the escalade and or trucks though.
Rykid50

Postby mdishong » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Had this a done to me many months ago. Acted like an interested customer. Then directs you to the company that sells them "only to dealers". Legit business with a scam inquiry. Did not buy!
mdishong

Postby Zep33 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:35 pm

mdishong wrote:Had this a done to me many months ago. Acted like an interested customer. Then directs you to the company that sells them "only to dealers". Legit business with a scam inquiry. Did not buy!

Exactly - didn't trick me but almost tricked our sister store making them think there was a big group of people that would rush right over and buy those things if they only had a place that would sell to them

Total assclown
Zep33

Postby jvswerbo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Received email today from a "Dr. Tr*nt G*ry" (there are no doctors with that name according to my friend Google.) The email looks similar to this....

------------------------------
G***y

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.
I also have a question? We have been researching the 2019 XC40 for quite sometime now ( Volvo Enthusiast ) We really like the Wireless Cell Phone Charging Technology. We are Apple 7plus users and would want to try the wireless cell charging tech on a test drive at your dealership.

Do you carry these http://www DOT dartechwireless DOT com so we can purchase two when the vehicle comes in ( required to allow the iPhone to be able to charge without a cord attached)

Dr T***t G**y
-------------------------------

Does this look familiar to anyone?
jvswerbo

Next

Return to Parts Managers