DARTECH WIRELESS

Re: DARTECH WIRELESS

Postby Zep33 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:57 am

Same sleezebag
Zep33

Postby rallynfool » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:58 pm

I also work at a Volvo dealer and we received exactly the same e-mail several weeks ago regarding the new XC40 from the same "doctor". Didn't have a good feeling about it.

When I mentioned that Volvo didn't approve of non-Volvo accessories being sold due to liability issues and lack of testing in our vehicles, he quickly responded that his assistant found another dealer "within 5 minutes" that not only had received their XC40 demo, but also had already stocked the Dartech units and that he would take his "business" to them.

I wished him the best of luck but should have told him to say hi to the Dartech president who had spoken to me on the phone earlier today.

Their product may work great but their underhanded marketing attempts really suck.

Mophie online makes similar charging cases for about the same price and customers can be directed to them to purchase. Not sure yet but checking to see if Best Buy, etc carry them for older I-Phones as well.
rallynfool

Postby blondenjh2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:01 pm

This "Scam" is still going around. Received an email today claiming our new Volvo XC40 technology is lacking (it already has a wireless charging pad in the car as a factory option no need for a "dar tech wireless case" ) and the person emailing wouldn't give me his name/VIN# etc. One visit to Google confirmed that his attempt is one to push sales. Thanks Dealers Edge friends.
blondenjh2

Postby blondenjh2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Received the same thing today! It is still going around, apparently.

jvswerbo wrote:Received email today from a "Dr. Tr*nt G*ry" (there are no doctors with that name according to my friend Google.) The email looks similar to this....

------------------------------
G***y

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.
I also have a question? We have been researching the 2019 XC40 for quite sometime now ( Volvo Enthusiast ) We really like the Wireless Cell Phone Charging Technology. We are Apple 7plus users and would want to try the wireless cell charging tech on a test drive at your dealership.

Do you carry these http://www DOT dartechwireless DOT com so we can purchase two when the vehicle comes in ( required to allow the iPhone to be able to charge without a cord attached)

Dr T***t G**y
-------------------------------

Does this look familiar to anyone?
blondenjh2

Postby blondenjh2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:13 pm

Part 1:

Do you have these by dartechwireless dot com "FIT CASE" that will allow our Apple iPhones to be able to charge without a wire attached in our 2019 XC40 R Design
( this tech came with as a standard feature but will not work with apple?) I called VOLVO and they referred me to my preferred dealership .
We have been trying to solve this problem for quite sometime now.
Would need for an Apple 7 and Apple 7plus please let me know.
*I also sent request to another manager at the dealership
Thank You Paul

Part 2:
Please and Thank You!! We purchased (1) from Best Buy ( failed after a week...) Then I got (1) on AMAZON and both failed.

I am not trying to be difficult just want the tech to work that I paid thousands of dollars for and NEED the required FIT CASE by dartech.
We called (their website) BUT they are a Wholesale Company only for dealerships .

So that being said we need (2) Fit Cases for The Apple 7plus iphone.
BTW I was speaking with a colleague of mine who also owns a XC40 and is experiencing the same issue with his Apple iPhone 6plus.

Part3:
?
Out of MILLIONS of Apple users are we the ONLY ones driving these cars? Need the Required Fit Case by dartechwireless dot XXX so we can use the wireless charging feature that we paid VOLVO
blondenjh2

Postby Bucko21 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:51 pm

My response to them now whenever they email me is and I quote: "Dartech Dirtbags" if they reply back I respond the same until they stop emailing me.
Bucko21

Postby TL_parts » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:32 pm

got hit by this myself. just a bad way to sell your product.

We just moved to the area and we own a 2017*****with the qi wireless cell phone charger which allows cell phones to charge wirelessly. The Apple iPhone 7 WILL NOT charge wirelessly. Do you carry these from this wholesale automotive vendor I found here the dartechwireless@com Apple 7 qi-nfc Wireless Case that allows the Apple 7 to charge wirelessly in *** Vehicles? I need (2) for The Apple iPhone 7 color black. We tried cheap versions online and they all have failed after about a few uses.

Also, we would like to test drive a 2017 RX350 for my wife's 2014 Mercedes Benz E Class with 20K mile trade in.

email sent to myself and the GM. person sending was also a doctor by email signature... I fell for hit hook line & sinker, but only purchased two display models, not the minimum requirement of 10+.
TL_parts

Postby kpielak » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Had a lady by the name of Karen with a gmail address send in the following email:

"My husband is interested in a 2018 or 19 Expedition Limited and wanted to trade in our 2016 Explorer (about 16,000k miles) .
We have a question about the tech . The qi wireless cell phone charger is not compatible with Apple 7 iPhones ?
We have no need in purchasing new iPhones which would cost us $2000 (for 2)
Does the dealership carry these nomorecords . com "Fit Case" made for auto manufactures that would allow the
iPhone to charge without a cord and also give us the option to use Apple CarPlay (tethered) if we wanted to?
I tried something similar on Amazon and it failed.
Karen"

Her second email after I replied that I talked to Dartech customer service(which I did) and told her it would not sync and that a reputable brand would be better as far as warranty(before I found this forum!)

"I am running late. Correct from my understanding all Apple CarPlay has to be tethered in. My Husband is more interested in the Wireless Charging tech
Would need (2) Apple 7 and (1) Apple 7plus. "Fit Cases"
We are here until Jan 25th and would
like to pick them up ( willing to pay for them when they come in) the same day we test drive.
I hope that I am not being to difficult just assumed you have them since it goes with the vehicles your selling.
Karen"

I then got an email stating that it was our vehicles technology fault, not the phone manufacturer. She stated another dealership had the case and was willing to give it to her and that she was waiting to hear from them.

My response:
"As far as phone cases go, this particular brand of “fit cases” are only sold at wholesale and in bulk to dealerships. I would say that your best option is to find a reputable case through your phone provider that will have a warranty or return policy if it fails to meet your standards. We stand behind all of our Ford Certified parts and accessories, but unfortunately, we cannot provide something that is outside of that realm."

she told me she had found what she needed at a different dealership. BUHBYE "Dartech Dirtbags" so glad I found this forum before I was wrangled into their scam!
kpielak

Postby Zep33 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 pm

LMAO, You'd think that with all these "customers" having to call the dealerships to get this product, maybe the douchebags would change their policy and sell to anybody - just like everyone else on the friggin planet does. Oh yeah, it's not real so they need to resort to this bullshit

sleazy morons

Someone should send them a link to this thread when the next "customer" inquires about these :)
Zep33

Postby KIA_Gal » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:37 am

They're apparently still at it. "Karen" in particular. I got an email from her today almost exactly word for word the same as above, but regarding a Telluride.
I was first suspicious about the email address. What legit person uses six digits after their name in a Gmail address? And I looked at the website (didn't click the link – can't be too careful), looked very amateurish. I sent her a link to another website (a legit one, with proven product) and she got sort of snarky with me and wrote back that the one I recommended is the one she got from Amazon that failed (I'm fairly certain this brand doesn't sell on Amazon). And she used bold text and said that she "would have thought we would stock the other correct ones since they're made for the vehicles". Anyway, I knew there was something sketchy going on, so I offered to have my manager speak with her, said that he's the "tech guy", and said I could pass her phone number on to him, if she likes. Nope. Can't do that. She's a very busy RN at urgent care. Can't receive or make calls. That's when I dug deeper and found this handy little forum! Sent her a partial screen shot that showed some of her same wording and asked if that might be her. Done. Also thanked her for wasting both of our time today. Almost ignored her, but I saw a mission! I feel like I accomplished something today...ha!
KIA_Gal

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers