Nice message board

Nice message board

Postby Vernon » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:06 am

Joined today and see this is a nice message board.Reading over the post I see there are some sharp members here.I own a message board very similar to this one.I am going to suggest to my members via e-mail to check this one out.We currently have 1197 registered members at our site but we only consist of Ford dealer members.I think the need of these boards exist because of the unfair way the dealers are treated sometimes by the manufacturers.Since most owners/gms do not have much background on parts issues we as parts mgrs are many times left to take the heat and fend for ourselves when it comes to parts issues.I think these types of boards are vital in promoting communications dealer to dealer.I know I recently done a study on the subject of part number changes over a six month period.Over that six month period Ford changed a average of 16,000 part numbers per month while obsoleting 15,000 per month.That verified what I already thought to be a issue,part number changes are a planned obsolesence by the manufacturer.Because of so many different computer systems and the way each system is set up to handle these changes there is a broad band in the way part numbers are handled.More on this later and I am glad to be a new member

------------------
Vernon Swords
Vernon

Nice message board

Postby Vernon » Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:49 am

Ford dealer employees can visit us and join free.www.fdealer.com

[This message has been edited by mbowers (edited 10-04-2002).]

Vernon

Return to Parts Managers