R&R report generator help

Postby theduke » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:30 pm

I'm trying to create a report that will show
me the difference between sales at list and
sales at list with my matrix escalator applied for any given day or month. I cannot
seemm to find a file that contains the fields
that I need. If anybody out there has a report like this or knows how to create it
please respond
thanks
theduke
theduke

Postby petepuma01 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:24 pm

Duke

Some questions:

1) In what price field do you have the matrixed price in?

2) Is the List price field the straight MFR list price?
petepuma01

Postby theduke » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:16 am

pete;
The matrixed price is in the list price field
and it is set up as mfg. list price + a {%}
percentage of list according to price range.
I hope that this answers your questions.

thanks
DUKE
theduke

Postby chartle » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:23 am

Try this...

REPORT NAME = PARTS SALES
FILE NAME =PROD.HIST
REPORT TYPE = SORT
ENTER FIELDS TO SORT BY = MK;CTRMN
SELECT SORT SEQUENCE = A
FIELD1 = TRAN
CONDITION1 = EQUAL
VALUE1 = SLS""CM""VOID""RV
AND/OR1 = AND
FIELD2 = TRNSDATE
CONDITION2 = EQUAL
VALUE2 = <<TRNSDATE>>

ENTER COLUMN HEADINGS[104]

MK;CTRMN;INV#/PO#;PART-NO;+QTY;+EXT-COST;+EXT-SALE;+GROSS~;GROSS PCT~;TRAN;TC;TRNSDATE;PARTS PRICE LEVEL;
SERVICE PRICE LEVEL

ENTER DESCRIPTION TOTAL LINE = BLANK
PRINT TOTALS ONLY = N
ENTER FIELD(S) TO BREAK ON = MK;CTRMN
CHANGE PAGE AT EACH BREAK (Y/N) = N
ENTER SPECIAL FORMAT (Y/N) = N

When you print this report duke, it reports your sales for a specific date (or you can change CONDITION2 above to equal GREATER THAN OR EQUAL and get a sales in the current month greater than a given date and it reports by make (if you have more than one) and then by counterman. The last two fields are the parts price level code and the service price level code. This will show you where your parts have sold. We have found that alot of times the price level will be blank and have discovered that these are the standard price code levels enter for retail, warrranty, and internal (the second level of price codes you see when coming out of price level program 2565.

Also, very helpful with this 6910 report is the GROSS PCT~ field. This will allow you to see your gross profit per sale on each part. If you want to rank your sales by GROSS PCT~; you can change your FIELDS TO SORT BY to equal GROSS PCT~ and BLANK OUT the ENTER FIELD(S) TO BREAK-ON and you will now get this report by your lowest gross profit percentage to your highest gross profit percentage.

I hope this works for you.

Chuck Hartle'

chartle

Postby partking » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:03 pm

Duke,

Assuming you have a Reynolds system, RR support can build a custom field or "I descriptor" which reaches into the factory master price file and multiplies the book list times the sale quantity. Then you can easily build a report in 6910 that compares the actual selling price (extended) against the extended book list.
You can also dump the result into an excel spreadsheet and analzye the resultant gross both ways
partking

Return to Parts Managers