R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby gmtoypartsguy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:36 pm

WE RECENTLY CONVERTED FROM ADP TO REYNOLDS. SO FAR, I DON'T LIKE REYNOLDS!!!!!!!!! ANYWAY, DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO HANDLE SPORD'S ON REYNOLDS? THIS IS THE PART THAT IS REALLY GIVING US FITS. I'M LOOKING FOR WAYS TO TRACK AND MANAGE SPORD PARTS.
gmtoypartsguy

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby GARYH » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:46 pm

I have three seperate reports set up in generator.

1] sporders by advisor
2] sporders by counterman
3] sporders over 30 days

I give these reports to the advisors and parts guys every day. keeps sp current.

are you useing the system for all sp orders.ie [ordering on ro and counter tickets?

give us some specifics on what you need help with.

[This message has been edited by GARYH (edited 06-04-2005).]

GARYH

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby gmtoypartsguy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:38 pm

We use the system to order all special orders. I need help with reports that will show age of special orders and a good method for letting my guys on the counter know when a special ordered part arrives so they can take appropriate action. Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by gmtoypartsguy (edited 06-06-2005).]

gmtoypartsguy

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby Parts007 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:52 pm

I can send you an email with a few R&R report generator screens.

One report will give you an inventory of everything with a special order reference. It is sorted by advisor, so you can hand each advisor a sheet. (make sure it is accurate first!)

One report will give you all items with the bin location "SPORD" You can compare the results of the first report to eliminate old special order references and to clean up your special order inventory.

One report will give you a daily printout of what has been received on an appointment or repair order. This report, you can hand to the writers each day to let them know what comes in for them.

Send me your email, I have no way of posting them to the forum. Tony
Parts007

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby Jaybee » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:42 pm

I use 2064 to print what I have just receipted. You will have some options with this report. You do not have the ability in R&R to bill all open repair orders like ADP. This is one of the things I miss most about ADP. There is a canned report,2253, you can use. I mainly use 2064 and insert a date range to find out what I need. Honda has a 28 day return an this works real well. I know a lot of people have 6910 reports that they are fond of, but this is what works for me. Hope this helps
John
Jaybee

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby 3760Guru » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:49 am

gmtoypartsguy, E-mail me, I may be able to help out as well!
3760Guru

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby PeterParts » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:40 am

gmtoypartsguy-
did you get enough info?
My counter people run 2527 Open Invoice report for themselves and recall customers to get them in and/or pull the parts at 21 days to go back to GM. (30 day CSO return policy in Canada. I double check it my self periodically.
We hace a report gen report to show all open appointments over 19 days, which we give to our appoinment coordinator. He recalls customers and rebooks them if he can. We give him a couple of days, then send all those parts back that can't be confirmed as rebooked etc.
PeterParts

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby chaigh » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:38 pm

We use the SD special order deposit function on most of our orders. This allows us to collect any % of deposit less tax. You can make it 100% and the only thing not paid is the sales tax when it comes in. The real advantage is that the is a -1 ticket still open when the part arrives.
chaigh

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby mack » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:26 pm

gmtoypartsguy-
If you would like more info. using your Reynolds spord system, e-mail me. I am with a Ford/Isuzu dealership and have used Reynold's system for 10 years. I have tried and tested processes that tie directly to your Reynolds system for ease of use with your countermen, receiving, and service writers. I have custom spec. ord. reports in 6910 showing RDAY -(days receipted), TC -(payable pay type), and much, much more. I also have an awesome spec. ord. label that can be used in receipting that I generated in 6930. And ALL reports can be qued to print daily automaticly at whatever time you wish.

------------------
Chris McCulley
mack

R&R SPECIAL ORDERS

Postby CanCarGuy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:20 pm

If you just converted, you may have the new web based reporting tool. If you do, get yourself setup on it. There is a section just for SPORDs and it has pre-built reports such as SPORDs received by advisor or counterperson, aged SPORD parts. Check with your system admin.
CanCarGuy

Next

Return to Parts Managers