Accelerator Pedals.....

Accelerator Pedals.....

Postby bentwrench54 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Order an accelerator pedal for customer's vehicle (last 8 is JF189193) 2018 Malibu.

Catalog lists 84344895, so check locator, no results. Check engineering... it says to order 84478055 if vehicle equipped with option MNH, which this car is.

So I order 84478055. No warehouses show, so I SPAC it. No response.

I just called SPAC, they tell me to order the original number 84344895 because they see more movement of that number. :roll:

I have a great job here, I really like the place.. but goddamn does General Motors make our jobs harder than they have to be.....

EDIT...... The order for 84344895 just went to back order... Guess what, I submitted it to SPAC too.

Really GM?
bentwrench54

Re: Accelerator Pedals.....

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:01 am

I have said this before and GM proved me wrong.

I have been doing this a long time - since 1979 / 1980 - and this is the worst I have ever seen it with GM. Don't get me wrong, we are not even close to the next worse time - this is by far the worst.

I am talking about everything. Parts Availability, Parts delivery, Service and Parts Support, everything from delayed shipments of new vehicles - you name it and right now it is worse than before. I cannot even name one thing that is better than before, can you?
Ichabod Farquar

Postby bigmac » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Not only can you not get parts but they have taken away our service parts rep. so there isn't anyone to call to ask for help that you have any relationship with. Those on the phone have no clue and couldn't care less. Have a Bolt body shop job needing a right front door. None anywhere and no eta when GM will get one. Escalated the SPAC case and got a canned response that they were checking for assemblies that could be substituted. Now what assembly would include a door.....a new car? Bet it wouldn't be a GM vehicle. And RIM wants me to stock 2 throttle bodies 12679524 which can only be ordered CSO/VIP. Why isn't it excluded from RIM?
bigmac

Postby bentwrench54 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:19 pm

To add to this, I've got two dead local catalogs, and one online version.

Ordered two tire hoists, billed for two, the label even says two hoists. One F%^&ing hoist in the tote.

I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry if GM went out of business tomorrow. This is ridiculous.
bentwrench54

Postby bentwrench54 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Update...

Called SPAC after snapon got the computers back up..

Pedal that is the faster moving number could still be up to a month out before I see it here.

???? How ?

My head hurts, and I'm ready for a drink.
bentwrench54

Postby camaroman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Gotta love that great GM Feeling. I still think we are getting screwed on return reserve. If you read the PASE guidelines and page 7 of the PASE guidelines states the following:

PASE Terms:
• When ordering parts through RIM on a Daily Replenishment Order (DRO), dealerships receive:
– 0% Incentive and 1% Return Reserve.
– 100% inventory protection after 15 months of no sale on RIM ordered parts. Dealerships will continue to receive 2% hold premium.
• When ordering parts outside of RIM (Non-RIM) on a Daily Replenishment Order (DRO), dealerships receive:
– 0% Incentive and 0% Return Reserve.
• When ordering parts on a Customer Special Order (CSO), dealerships receive:
– 0% Incentive and 1% Return Reserve.
Non-PASE Terms:
• 1% surcharge on RIM DROs, Non-RIM DROs, CSOs and 0% Return Reserve.
• If total monthly CSO purchases exceed 30% of total monthly purchases, a 10% surcharge on CSOs orders will apply to orders for the following month.
• RIM monthly returns will not be generated when a dealership is set to non-PASE terms.
• To be back on PASE terms, the dealer must meet all qualifiers at the close of the month.
• Non – PASE / PASE Terms are effective the 9th Business day of the following month. For example, a Dealer going on Non-PASE terms in June will have those terms apply from the 9th Business day of July through the 9th business day of August.
RIM Compliance
RIM Compliance is measured as the percent of RIM recommended stocking policies by part number count that a dealership accepts at or above the RIM recommended level.
Example: 85 RIM recommended part numbers accepted by dealer = 85% RIM Compliance “Retail”
100 RIM recommended part numbers
RIM Purchase Loyalty
RIM Purchase Loyalty measures RIM recommended Service Lane Parts (SLPs) as a dollar volume percentage of those parts ordered through a RIM Daily Replenishment Order (DRO) relative to total orders of RIM recommended SLP’s.
Example: $4,500 RIM recommended DRO orders of Service Lane Parts = 90% RIM Purchase Loyalty
$5,000 total orders of RIM recommended Service Lane Parts
(Note: Non-RIM DRO, QPO and CSO orders are removed from the Total Orders number)

My DMA and his contacts say it is part of the 4.25% we can earn. So the struggle continues.
camaroman

Postby TimK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 pm

The more complicated it is, the harder you are getting f@#ked.
TimK

Postby ExBruceBuick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Just more reasons why after 37 yrs with the General, I crossed over to the dark side.
Toyota ;)
ExBruceBuick

Postby wct54 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:59 pm

We have 4 on order, all on SPAC cases that wrote to Willow Run on Monday. For some idiotic reason they were NOT shipped FedEx, but dedicated delivery, yesterday. They are currently sitting at the Michigan Crossdock headed to the Martinsburg Crossdock. Maybe we'll see them this week, maybe not. This is customer service at it's worst!
wct54

Postby bentwrench54 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:07 pm

I am still waiting for my first one. I've been invoiced for it. It is on its way through the crossdock system. I was told they've had problems shipping them overnight air.

I now have a second one on order for another car.

:shrug:
bentwrench54

Next

Return to Parts Managers