CONDENSERS

Re: CONDENSERS

Postby camaroman » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Remember it is first in first out. LOL Gotta love that great GM feeling!!!!!
camaroman

Postby LivinDaDream » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:08 pm

THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING !! IF once a great company, they are NO LONGER !! :roll:
LivinDaDream

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:15 pm

GM keeps doing this shit over and over and over and over again. They really can’t think this is the most efficient way to run a supply chain……can they? I called SPAC this morning on a 2020 tail lamp I ordered in June. It backordered and I put in a SPAC case. It is on restriction and will not shop around. I looked and I see three PDC’s that show stock and so I called SPAC. She told me in broken English that it was on restriction and under review and blah,blah,blah. WTF could they be reviewing???? Same thing with condensers. I have had some CSO orders since May and June. They just have no urgency on fixing anything and all they can tell you is the same bullshit scripts they been using for years. Everyone knows that if we maintained our inventory and treated our customers like they do……..WE WOULD BE FIRED. Rightfully so!
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby Zep33 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:06 pm

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:GM keeps doing this shit over and over and over and over again. They really can’t think this is the most efficient way to run a supply chain……can they? I called SPAC this morning on a 2020 tail lamp I ordered in June. It backordered and I put in a SPAC case. It is on restriction and will not shop around. I looked and I see three PDC’s that show stock and so I called SPAC. She told me in broken English that it was on restriction and under review and blah,blah,blah. WTF could they be reviewing???? Same thing with condensers. I have had some CSO orders since May and June. They just have no urgency on fixing anything and all they can tell you is the same bullshit scripts they been using for years. Everyone knows that if we maintained our inventory and treated our customers like they do……..WE WOULD BE FIRED. Rightfully so!

Check engineering notes on that taillamp Chuck. If they're working on a bulletin, you have to use a different # from the bulletin. We got lucky that we had one go on restriction and found out that we should have been using a different one. I was able to order the correct one and cancel the backorder. First time one of their stupid backorder bullshit things actually helped us
Zep33

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:47 pm

Multiline manager already sent me the bulletin number and the new number is already ordered. Thanks guys………
I don’t want to sound like I’m lazy but….. do we have to do everything for GM. We have to locate dealers willing to SPRINT parts. We have to install dealer notes to correct the GM catalogs. We have to contact SPAC to escalate order and then contact APM to have him do I don’t know what. We have to…………well enough of this bitching its time for a cold one .
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby Torgy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:12 pm

today we had 2 customers bring in their own condensers that they purchased online from dealers out of state.
Both part numbers were the 84573456 and they paid $135.** for them. Now one of our service advisors is wanting me to call around to other dealers to buy some for our customers.

I flipping laughed in his face, and went and printed out the locator from OE Connection that only show the closest 50 dealers with stock. So I get 4 states MN, WI, IA, and ND, and not the entire state just the closest dealer to us. I gave the list to him and told him to go ahead and start calling.

Please let me know if any of you would like to sell us some of these. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Torgy

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Torgy wrote:...... Now one of our service advisors is wanting me to call around to other dealers to buy some for our customers......:

Oh, that's rich! :lol:
Denise Trimble

Postby scott2112 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:05 pm

Torgy wrote:today we had 2 customers bring in their own condensers that they purchased online from dealers out of state.
Both part numbers were the 84573456 and they paid $135.** for them. Now one of our service advisors is wanting me to call around to other dealers to buy some for our customers.

I flipping laughed in his face, and went and printed out the locator from OE Connection that only show the closest 50 dealers with stock. So I get 4 states MN, WI, IA, and ND, and not the entire state just the closest dealer to us. I gave the list to him and told him to go ahead and start calling.

Please let me know if any of you would like to sell us some of these. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me one up you...same circumstance, however customer can only find a dealer that had 2 aftermarket condensers remaining. We are out of loaners and the advisor instructs me to get it because the extended warranty
company approved it. I said "I will play your game." said dealer wants to sell the condenser to me at 250.00. Ok, with equivalent percentage markup and "pissed me off fee" it's 400.00 to the extended warranty company. They balk at the
cost and will only pay for the GM price. Long story short, finance had to the eat the rest.

All that being said, I loathe dealing with extended warranties. They dictate what they will pay and if it's less than what GM pays my advisors will not collect the difference from the customer. The techs still get their book time at
door rate, however I cannot make my profit. Gets old.
scott2112

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:45 pm

just received 5-84573456 out of flint. they were all spac cases. 95 degrees in Michigan and I have not had 1 call in 2 weeks for this condenser now I have 6 in stock.

That is how it works doesn't it?
olepartsguy

Postby Torgy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:03 pm

HOW MANY DO YOU WANT TO PART WITH? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Torgy

Previous

Return to Parts Managers