GM Drop Shipment Directly To Customer

Re: GM Drop Shipment Directly To Customer

Postby Zep33 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 pm

An answer from GM in DFOAB:

We are closely monitoring the impact eCommerce is having on the automotive parts industry. We do not have control over Amazon or any other retailer’s pricing strategies. Online pricing is often dynamic, Amazon and others use sophisticated programs that constantly update their pricing to match other online retailers. GM is committed to working with our Dealer partners to embrace the opportunities the internet marketplaces provide, while making adjustments to ensure continued consumer engagement and profitability. The value to consumers is different when purchasing GM products online than from our Dealers. The level of service GM dealers provide same day without additional cost to customers for shipping commands a premium. Various programs exist to support Dealers who actively pursue Wholesale sales. We offer industry-leading maintenance programs, training, tools and inventory management support for all dealers to create customer experiences that drive retention and profitability.

Does not address that Autozone can sell it cheaper than the dealer can buy it for which was in the original comment. Think Autozone is selling those parts at a loss? GMAFB GM

Nor did it have anything to do with wholesale, it's about Joseph P Schmoseph wlaking up to the counter to pick up a single part that can be bought 5 other places for cheaper than GM will sell to the dealer

They just don't get it
Zep33

Postby JeepGuy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:27 pm

They don't get it and they never will. They think if they type an answer then they are done with the issue. It doesn't matter if the answer makes sense or not or if the answer is even relevant to the question. They side step the question and just try to pile as much bulls**t as they can on top .
JeepGuy

Postby Rykid50 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:13 pm

I drop ship all the time. Never had an issue. Wait... once coming from DS1 but normal plants no issues!!
Rykid50

Postby KNGMPARTS » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Go to Home Depot web site and type in ACDELCO in the search bar. Over 6000 parts at below dealer cost. Mabey we can start telling the customers to take their cars to Home Depot, Amazon, or whoever else and get their warranty work done there. Worst part is GM does not give 2shits about the dealer or the dealers customers. In 10 years I see very few dealers left. Luckily I am on the downside of my career. I pity the people just starting or in the middle of their career. I remember the days when we all made great money and had a lot of fun in the dealership. Now we have to kill ourselves and make less than we did 20 years ago.
KNGMPARTS

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:12 pm

"I remember the days when we all made great money and had a lot of fun in the dealership. Now we have to kill ourselves and make less than we did 20 years ago"

AMEN!!!!!!!
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby marko65 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:38 pm

I JUST CHECKED OUT THE HOME DEPOT TO ORDER PARTS

WHAT THE FUCK?

YOU CAN ALSO PUT IN YOUR TAX ID # TO GET IT WITHOUT TAX.

I AM WONDERING IF I CAN MAKE ONE UP AND IT WILL WORK.
marko65

Previous

Return to Parts Managers