GM Drop Shipment Directly To Customer

GM Drop Shipment Directly To Customer

Postby drapp » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:44 am

I thought I read (or was told) that dealerships could no longer "drop ship" parts directly to a customer's home address. Is this true?

Why do I ask? Today FedEx delivered an overnight box along with our other pieces. As we were cutting open the boxes we came across a P/N we didn't have on order. Checking the pick tag and the shipping label we saw the box was not ours, but was supposed to go to a residential address not far from the dealership. The part was shipped directly from warehouse 092. There was a dealer code on the shipping label but I don't have a master listing of GM Parts dealer codes so I didn't keep it.
drapp

Re: GM Drop Shipment Directly To Customer

Postby PartsPlant81 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:55 pm

It was probably delivered to you in error. It happened to me a couple of times in the past. Shipment was supposed to go to another parts supplier near my dealership.

I think I just gave mine back to the FedEx driver the next time he did a delivery and told him it wasn't ours.
PartsPlant81

Postby dandanthepartsman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:47 pm

So this kinda happened to me the other day. We answered a spac request for a dealer delivery via oeconnection, it was in our delivery area, so once i see who it was being delivered to it was a residential address. I couldn't get SPAC on the phone fast enough to cancel and it's a damn shame that GM is using this program to force us to do home delivery. Oh ya we also get dinged for answering a spac case and then cancelling it. Will the stupidity ever end?
dandanthepartsman

Postby nbeckhart23 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:17 pm

A couple of months back we received a GM part that we did not order I checked the label it was ordered directly from GM and was supposed to be shipped to the local Autozone a few blocks from us. Had Autozones name and address right on the box. I proceeded to take pictures and sent them to my rep needless to say I never heard an answer back from him. Very frustrating!!!!!
nbeckhart23

Postby bigmac » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:39 pm

nbeckhart23 wrote:A couple of months back we received a GM part that we did not order I checked the label it was ordered directly from GM and was supposed to be shipped to the local Autozone a few blocks from us. Had Autozones name and address right on the box. I proceeded to take pictures and sent them to my rep needless to say I never heard an answer back from him. Very frustrating!!!!!

I've seen the same thing. GM screwed the hell out of the Delco distributors giving them certain areas to sell in then selling directly to their competitors probably at a cheaper price than they could buy the part for.... sounds like the way they treat GM dealerships.
bigmac

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Is it possible, Amazon is using the PDCs as their own warehouses; like they do with everything else? Maybe the $$$ don't stop with AC Delco at Amazon!
Denise Trimble

Postby ehiatt » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:38 pm

From the policy and procedures manual:
"GM will only ship parts to locations that are included on the GM Dealer Record. Orders with invalid ship-to locations (e.g. customer address) will be shipped to the Dealer’s primary shipping address."

They don't seem to have been enforcing this. I hope they are not starting to do it. :(
ehiatt

Postby ehiatt » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:40 pm

nbeckhart23 wrote:A couple of months back we received a GM part that we did not order I checked the label it was ordered directly from GM and was supposed to be shipped to the local Autozone a few blocks from us. Had Autozones name and address right on the box. I proceeded to take pictures and sent them to my rep needless to say I never heard an answer back from him. Very frustrating!!!!!

We had the same thing to happen except it was O'Reilly's instead of Autozone.
ehiatt

Postby johnmc98 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:54 pm

ehiatt wrote:

We had the same thing to happen except it was O'Reilly's instead of Autozone.

We also had the same issue with O'Reilly's and the package even had a 6 digit customer number on the GM label like where our BAC # goes. This was on something
one of our techs got from oreilly that we had on hand.
johnmc98

Postby marko65 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:30 pm

AUTOZONE , OREILLY AND AMAZON IS GM'S BEST CUSTOMER
F__K ALL YOU DEALERS. GM IS FOR PROFIT
marko65

Next

Return to Parts Managers