wpc part request hazardous material

Re: wpc part request hazardous material

Postby partsguy99 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:05 pm

How about phoning the WPC and ask THEM if the part they're asking to be returned is HAZMAT?
partsguy99

Postby Cosmo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 pm

redfield wrote:so i need to send a engine core back to FHE does this need special hazmat stickers and paperwork?

Back in June, I sent two engines to FHE for core credit. I didn't even think about it at the time, but I did the paperwork the way I always have, not thinking about if it was hazmat or not. I got full core credit for both of them. I think I got lucky, or FHE doesn't view it the same way the WPC does. The rules should be consistent no matter where you send it, but I haven't figured out if the WPC makes up their own rules. Someone said that DOT doesn't consider a used engine as hazmat, but I haven't found that yet. I have more engine cores to send back, but I don't think that I'll take a chance on GM screwing me on core charges. Anybody else know for sure?
Cosmo

Postby X476 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:35 pm

I have a dealer I get my engines from so I asked him. Told me they send back 5-10 engines a week and have never marked hazmat and so far no issues.
X476

Postby Zep33 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:35 am

Cosmo wrote:
redfield wrote:so i need to send a engine core back to FHE does this need special hazmat stickers and paperwork?

Back in June, I sent two engines to FHE for core credit. I didn't even think about it at the time, but I did the paperwork the way I always have, not thinking about if it was hazmat or not. I got full core credit for both of them. I think I got lucky, or FHE doesn't view it the same way the WPC does. The rules should be consistent no matter where you send it, but I haven't figured out if the WPC makes up their own rules. Someone said that DOT doesn't consider a used engine as hazmat, but I haven't found that yet. I have more engine cores to send back, but I don't think that I'll take a chance on GM screwing me on core charges. Anybody else know for sure?

99.9% sure that the only ones that give a shit are WPC
Zep33

Postby TimK » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Zep33 wrote:
Cosmo wrote:

99.9% sure that the only ones that give a shit are WPC

It is just another illegal excuse for the WPC to DEBIT you.

I don't send back regular core engines as HAZMAT, just ones to the WPC.
TimK

Postby Zep33 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:37 am

They threatened to debit a fuel pressure sensor I sent back cause I didn't send it back hazmat. Said it was our second offense but was never told of the first one.
Zep33

Postby Zep33 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:34 am

How about a shock absorber?
Zep33

Postby LOKI1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:32 pm

We returned a medium duty transfer case to wpc yesterday. Due to the price of the claim we thought it would be best to call wpc and ask if it was considered hazmat, we were told no it was not.
WPC has put us in a situation that sets us up for failure. They can say or do anything they want and create a charge back even though they owe us the money for a correctly submitted claim.
LOKI1

Postby camaroman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Riddle my this Batman. Think about this people. GM ships transmitter batteries as HazMat part #19333112 (qty 4). But yet they ship transmitters in a bin from the PDC and they have the same batteries in them and you might get 4 or 5 transmitters in one bin and there is no HazMat shipping paperwork.
camaroman

Postby X476 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:39 pm

camaroman wrote:Riddle my this Batman. Think about this people. GM ships transmitter batteries as HazMat part #19333112 (qty 4). But yet they ship transmitters in a bin from the PDC and they have the same batteries in them and you might get 4 or 5 transmitters in one bin and there is no HazMat shipping paperwork.

Do as they say not as they do.
X476

Previous

Return to Parts Managers