RIM 1% GONE - Am I the only one who missed this?

RIM 1% GONE - Am I the only one who missed this?

Postby drapp » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Am I the only one who missed the bulletin announcing the removal of the 1% RIM order discount, effective April 1?

I don't see it on bulletin GCUS-9-7523, but they tell me it is in there.

I have checked our invoices since April 1 and the discount is gone. Granted 1% is not much but it helped.

How much more can they squeeze out of us - while saying dealer profitability is a high priority for GM?
drapp

Re: RIM 1% GONE - Am I the only one who missed this?

Postby marko65 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:23 pm

YUP. YOUR REP SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU BY NOW.

HERE IS SOMETHING STUPID: IF YOU ARE ON RIM AND YOU DRO SOMETHING NO DISCOUNT NO RETURN RESERVE. IF YOU CSO NO DISCOUNT BUT YOU GET 1% RETURN RESERVE.

HUH? I KNOW IT SOUNDS STUPID. DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT IF YOU CSO SOMETHING YOU CAN RETURN IT FOR A 35% RESTOCK CHARGE AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN A YEAR OF ORDERING.
THIS HELPS ME BECAUSE I AM NOT A WHOLESALE DEALER SO MY RETURN RESERVE IS NEXT TO NOTHING. IT KEEPS MY OBSOLENCE DOWN TO ABOUT 5-10% OF MY INVENTORY ON ANY GIVEN YEAR.

SO REMEMBER IF ITS SOUNDS STUPID ITS PROBABLY TRUE. CMON PEOPLE WE ARE DEALING WITH THE NEW GM
marko65

Postby TimK » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Don't worry, you will make it up with the PASE program.

:roll:
TimK

Postby drapp » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:18 pm

TimK wrote:Don't worry, you will make it up with the PASE program.

:roll:

Did you see the changes to PASE? By the time quarter 3 rolls around we will have to seriously look at whether it is worth even trying to comply.

As for our rep telling us about the discount change ... Up until a couple weeks ago we have been without a rep for nearly 6 months.
drapp

Postby DrJones » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:39 pm

If you're not PASE compliant, they actually charge you a 1% surcharge on all CSO orders. I thought about getting away from it thinking they would just take away the monthly payout and the reserves money, but nope they charge you more for your CSO orders.
DrJones

Postby LivinDaDream » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Actually, if your CSO % is above 30% of your parts ordered for the month, they will charge you a 10% SURCHARGE over cost for CSO orders; if you don't meet the qualifiers for the PASE program, you will not be eligible for any monthly RIM returns until you become PASE compliant again, and you lose that BIGG MONTHLY PAYOUT that WAS our money to begin with! Now, they'll give (a small percentage of it) BACK to us if we jump through all of their hoops!!
I wonder if Amazon, Autozone, and Rock Auto have to play these parts purchase and sales LOYALTY reindeer games like we do !! :x :x
LivinDaDream

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:47 pm

DrJones wrote:If you're not PASE compliant, they actually charge you a 1% surcharge on all CSO orders. I thought about getting away from it thinking they would just take away the monthly payout and the reserves money, but nope they charge you more for your CSO orders.

1% surcharge on all orders, not just CSO. And no RIM return either.
bsnyder723

Return to Parts Managers