getting warranty parts back from service

getting warranty parts back from service

Postby drjay » Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Anyone have a nice proven process for when the service dept returns warranty parts back to the parts dept ??

what steps are followed , how to track ?

we are on Reynolds and just want to get some feedback on this process to see what improvements we could make..

thanks
drjay

Re: getting warranty parts back from service

Postby greenthumb-38 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Warranty admin won't pay/flag the tech if there is no parts dept stamp on the hardcopy that the part was returned.

Very seldom do we have a problem, usually just with new hires.

- gt problem solved
greenthumb-38

Postby JOEMAL » Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 pm

go to 3324 in Reynolds pick#10 and then #7 (yes) and 8 (IL) on 2nd page they cant invoice the repair order until you sign off the parts
JOEMAL

Postby EH427 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 pm

No way to do it but a rubber stamp if you have dealertrack.
Problem is our techs do not have hard copies so we have to use the honor system.
Just ate 2 warranty repairs because they tech's didn't bring them back.

In Reynolds you can make it so the tech can not pull the next job until we sign for all warranty parts on that job line.
EH427

Postby X476 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:56 pm

JOEMAL wrote:go to 3324 in Reynolds pick#10 and then #7 (yes) and 8 (IL) on 2nd page they cant invoice the repair order until you sign off the parts

Where is this in ignite. We do not have to many problems but if it starts to become one I can use this to get more cooperation.
X476

Postby JOEMAL » Sat May 11, 2019 12:23 pm

I think this is a service area, I don't see it in Ignite, but if You call Reynolds they should be able to help You.
JOEMAL

Postby Trav_ThePartsGuy » Fri May 24, 2019 2:17 pm

We also are on Reynolds

As for getting tech to bring back warranty parts, I've never run into that problem. When the tech is picking up the part we normally establish whether or not it is warranty, but it's also typically on the RO.

When they bring back warranty parts, I require the techs to write RO# and date on the box or bag of the part itself. They stamp their RO and I sign off on it. Then we store it on our warranty shelves until we get the ok the scrap. Typically a week after the part is returned to us we can scrap it, all depends on when GM pays out.
Trav_ThePartsGuy

Return to Parts Managers