SPAC/BO's Out Of Control!

Re: SPAC/BO's Out Of Control!

Postby wct54 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 pm

We have SPAC cases going back to April, most with no ETA, or bogus ETA that keeps changing or is meaningless. I have been accused of being bitter, but how can you not be. I have been working with GM for 44 years and this is absolutely the worst I have ever seen. Obviously the people at GM do not know what they are doing. Most importantly they don’t realize the negative effect that all their screw-ups are having on customer satisfaction. For the past eight or nine years they have made it harder for dealers to do business and satisfy customers. For us in parts the main problem is availability, and just look at the results from the last parts manager survey. They admit that they’re are below industry average in this area, and are faced with significant challenges, and have a lot of work to do. No sh*t!. Somebody need to wake up.
wct54

Postby X476 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm

I believe there is a GOD

I ordered the carbon fiber insert for a ZL1 Camaro on the 10th referred to 75 :o

it is a miracle but I got it today :D :D :D :D

is there a light at the end of the depot 75 tunnel???????
X476

Postby TimK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:32 pm

no
TimK

Postby LivinDaDream » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm attempting to be serious in this message >> has anyone tried to cancel orders that have been "written" to 075 but not yet shipped; perhaps by calling the fine people at the SPAC "help desk" ? Before being on hold for another 30 minutes calling them, I thought I would query the group. I have orders that we have had to fill by "other means", as I'm sure most of you have as well. Thanks in advance.
LivinDaDream

Postby TimK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:08 pm

You can not cancel 075 orders.

I cancelled one when this sh!t first started and it showed up three weeks later.

Along with the OVN freight charges.

:shock:
TimK

Postby PartScott » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:29 pm

Yep...Tim is right. You can call and tell them you want it canceled and you will get the usual, "watch your answerbacks blah blah blah" but it will not cancel and you will still get them. I'm planning a huge "shipped in error" return when all the smoke clears from this mess.
PartScott

Postby Zep33 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:08 pm

PartScott wrote:Yep...Tim is right. You can call and tell them you want it canceled and you will get the usual, "watch your answerbacks blah blah blah" but it will not cancel and you will still get them. I'm planning a huge "shipped in error" return when all the smoke clears from this mess.

in 2027?
Zep33

Postby PartScott » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Zep33 wrote:in 2027?

:lol:
PartScott

Postby PARTSPHIL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:39 pm

I ordered a wheel on 4-24 that referred to 075. I called and could get no info. Tried to cancel, but couldn't. I filled the order another way. On the 1st of this month, the wheel showed up. I filed a shipped in error and it was approved. A day after I filed the paperwork, I started to get dealer inquiries for filling spac cases. I of course agreed to fill it. The first dealer called me back and said that GM would not allow me to fill it because he was over 500 miles away! Same of the second that called about it. On Wednesday, I agreed to do another one. It went through. I shipped it 1229 miles away.....Can't make this stuff up!
PARTSPHIL

Postby PartScott » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:17 pm

PARTSPHIL wrote:I ordered a wheel on 4-24 that referred to 075. I called and could get no info. Tried to cancel, but couldn't. I filled the order another way. On the 1st of this month, the wheel showed up. I filed a shipped in error and it was approved. A day after I filed the paperwork, I started to get dealer inquiries for filling spac cases. I of course agreed to fill it. The first dealer called me back and said that GM would not allow me to fill it because he was over 500 miles away! Same of the second that called about it. On Wednesday, I agreed to do another one. It went through. I shipped it 1229 miles away.....Can't make this stuff up!

I've been running into this scenario a lot here lately when trying to fulfill a SPRINT. Call SPAC to let them know you found a dealer that is willing to SPRINT and they will say that the part is flagged for local deliveries only due to damages occurring in shipment of the part. MOST of the time, the agent will override the restriction and allow the part to go through anyway.
PartScott

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers