CAN ANYONE GET THROUGH TO SPAC

Re: CAN ANYONE GET THROUGH TO SPAC

Postby PartScott » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm

bentwrench54 wrote:Thanks man...

At this point, all I can do is laugh. :lol: :lol:

Don't feel like your going down on the sinking ship alone...we're all right here with you! :lol:
PartScott

Postby bentwrench54 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:15 pm

PartScott wrote:
bentwrench54 wrote:Thanks man...

At this point, all I can do is laugh. :lol: :lol:

Don't feel like your going down on the sinking ship alone...we're all right here with you! :lol:

Just got off the phone from the sprinting dealer.... still no sprint label.

:lol: :lol:
bentwrench54

Postby Whiner » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:17 am

Yesterday, Tuesday, the part manager was on hold for SPAC after Global Connect chat failure. I called Global Connect to see what was going on with chat. They offered to transfer me to SPAC, I told them that our PM was currently on hold. Then I asked if they could transfer directly to an agent or put me in the queue, they said hold a minute. After a few seconds they informed me that I would be put in the queue but be advised there were right at 1,000 calls waiting on SPAC. I asked if I heard that correctly - did you say 1,000 - she said yes. I declined the transfer.

1,000 dealer employees waiting - unproductive time lost.

Since the bankruptcy I believe there is quite a few less than 4,000 GM dealers in North America. That means that one in four parts departments were impacted yesterday - lost man hours - by waiting on the phone at least once for SPAC. Of course this doesn't take into account the reason they were on hold and that is GM DOESN'T HAVE THE MEANS TO SHIP A PART. Heck at this point they don't even know if they have one in the parking lot (aka - trailer garden). You know the trailer garden seems to be doing quite well this year - just keeps growing. Last we heard 500+ trailers waiting to be unloaded at 75. Likely gonna be a great crop when GM gets around to harvesting it later this fall.

I figure this problem will be with us until about Halloween. It took what, 90 days, to get us here. And we all know it take longer to fix something than to mess it up.

Has anyone heard - is GM going to pay UAW overtime to get this mess cleaned up fast?

And what have all the 075 employees been doing for the last 90 days?
Whiner

Postby bigmac » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:31 pm

1.)"Has anyone heard - is GM going to pay UAW overtime to get this mess cleaned up fast?"

2.)"And what have all the 075 employees been doing for the last 90 days?"

haven't heard but bet the answer to the first question isn't no but HELL NO. I would guess the answer to the second is watching General Hospital. :lol:
bigmac

Postby bentwrench54 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 pm

bigmac wrote:1.)"Has anyone heard - is GM going to pay UAW overtime to get this mess cleaned up fast?"

2.)"And what have all the 075 employees been doing for the last 90 days?"

haven't heard but bet the answer to the first question isn't no but HELL NO. I would guess the answer to the second is watching General Hospital. :lol:

I think they're watching episodes of House MD with Hugh Laurie.

Only the great brainstorm that whoever the GM version of House comes up with...... is still wrong and makes things worse.
bentwrench54

Previous

Return to Parts Managers