Ordering Laser Cut Keys

Ordering Laser Cut Keys

Postby PartsPlant81 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:26 pm

I saw the message in an email a couple of weeks ago regarding the change in ordering the laser cut keys.

It stated if you wanted to receive a key overnight you will now have to CSO-3 the key and be responsible for the freight charge; otherwise the default will be FedEx Ground and it will take 1-4 business days to get.

I tried ordering my first one overnight (CSO-3); the answerback says "CANCELLED". Then I regular order it again and it goes through but now I am waiting over a week to get the key :roll:

My DMA was in here this week complaining that she was personally waiting for a key and I had to explain the new process to her and tell her it is broken at the moment just like many things the General is doing regarding our parts right now.

Has anyone else had any issues OVN a laser cut key since the new process took place?
PartsPlant81

Re: Ordering Laser Cut Keys

Postby PartScott » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Ordered one on the 17th, received it on the 25th.

edit: We did not place this order as a CSO-3...just a standard CSO. Still longer than the 1-4 days.
PartScott

Postby johnmc98 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm

I ordered one for a customer on July 18th, it shipped the same day. Left the FedEx Fort Worth location 2 days later, arrived at the nearest major hub to me Sunday.
Scanned as departing there Monday early am, and I am still waiting on today. Finally called FedEx 800 number to check, and whichever Indian happened to answer the phone said he would create a case on it, and someone would call me back by end of day today with an update. Don't hold out much hope about that, as I have gone through this with other parts and have yet to ever get a call-back from anyone associated with FedEx about a lost shipment.
johnmc98

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Prior to the new ordering schedule for these, our regular CSO orders were taking two days to receive. Since the order delay implementation, I have seen it all over the board. I have noticed if I order before 9-10am, it is next day or two days. I am thankful no one has been pressed for time.........yet.
Denise Trimble

Postby bigmac » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:25 pm

We ordered one Tuesday CSO-3 customer only had one set locked up in car and didn't want to scratch it up. It cancelled as well. Called SPAC to ask WTF and waited on hold forever. While on hold tried to chat with an agent on global and waited forever. Finally gave up and got a nearby dealer to cut one for us. We had the uncoded blank because we have a machine on order since May. Was suppose to be here mid June then mid July now mid August. Hoping to have by Christmas.
bigmac

Postby PartScott » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:17 pm

bigmac wrote:We ordered one Tuesday CSO-3 customer only had one set locked up in car and didn't want to scratch it up. It cancelled as well. Called SPAC to ask WTF and waited on hold forever. While on hold tried to chat with an agent on global and waited forever. Finally gave up and got a nearby dealer to cut one for us. We had the uncoded blank because we have a machine on order since May. Was suppose to be here mid June then mid July now mid August. Hoping to have by Christmas.

I never knew that key machines were shipped out of 075. :lol:
PartScott

Postby X476 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:01 pm

Ordered 7-19-19 received today. 1-4 days I didn't think they would do it and they never fail to let the dealers down
X476

Postby TheEd » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Previous parts manager didn't want to buy a laser cut machine, when the Camaro key recall happened, he ordered precut keys for every affected VIN in our service area. Service of course did a stellar job of getting those customers in for the recall :lol: . After showing the GM just how many keys we ended up throwing away, he broke down and let us buy the machine. I also can't imagine telling a customer who lost their keys it will be 2 to 3 business days before I can provide them with a key.
TheEd

Postby bentwrench54 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:52 pm

We're still using an old winzer machine.

I'm trying to avoid getting a new key machine.

I don't want the hassles of dealing with the cutting bits.

I don't want to try and justify a $10,000 key machine.
bentwrench54

Postby bigmac » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:44 pm

bentwrench54 wrote:We're still using an old winzer machine.

I'm trying to avoid getting a new key machine.

I don't want the hassles of dealing with the cutting bits.

I don't want to try and justify a $10,000 key machine.

It doesn't show up in the catalog but you can get a Futura machine that cuts old style and laser keys (both GM and Ford) for 4,075.00.
Of course we have been waiting since May and still haven't seen it.
bigmac

Next

Return to Parts Managers