core returns

core returns

Postby ashleyweeks71 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:10 pm

new parts manager here im working on some gm core returns but i need to know if i have to do warranty core on a seperate application number or if i can just do them all together? thanks in advance!
ashleyweeks71

Re: core returns

Postby camaroman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 pm

They all go together on 1 application, unless they are going back to the WPC. Sorry I was just thinking about ecm and cat. conv. cores. There are different processes for the other things, like engines, transmissions, fascias and headlamps ect.
Last edited by camaroman on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camaroman

Postby bsnyder723 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm

FYI, I was told to do bumper cores on their own application, shouldn't mix with other light cores as this slows down GM from crediting you. Good luck, and this is a great forum for getting information and help. Don't be shy about asking for help!!
bsnyder723

Postby ashleyweeks71 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:06 pm

awesome! thank you guys so much!
ashleyweeks71

Postby Rykid50 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:48 pm

I put bumpers on same app. Never had an issue yet....
Rykid50

Postby bentwrench54 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 pm

I mix my light cores.

The only thing that I return seperate are heavy cores.
bentwrench54

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm

I don't think you will be able to ship back any cores for awhile. I put in a light core return on Monday and I still don't have my answerback yet.......... I think the new email this morning states they won't be accepting any returns during the strike.
Q. What about material returns?
A. All material returns destined for the Customer Consolidated Returns Center (CCRC) will be processed normally. All returns going to an administrative Parts Distribution Center (PDC) will be delayed until further notice
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Can't send anything back if you don't get a truck. Charlotte says no truck after Tuesday until strike ends.
JGROSS1978

Postby bsnyder723 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:11 pm

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:I don't think you will be able to ship back any cores for awhile. I put in a light core return on Monday and I still don't have my answerback yet.......... I think the new email this morning states they won't be accepting any returns during the strike.
A. All material returns destined for the Customer Consolidated Returns Center (CCRC) will be processed normally. All returns going to an administrative Parts Distribution Center (PDC) will be delayed until further notice

My carrier (Blackhorse) emailed us and told us to continue submitting and leaving material returns for the driver to pick-up. I was about to put in for some more bumper cores, can't let them babies pile up to high. I let you know if I get an answerback.
bsnyder723

Postby bsnyder723 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 pm

bsnyder723 wrote:
CHUCKINPARTS wrote:I don't think you will be able to ship back any cores for awhile. I put in a light core return on Monday and I still don't have my answerback yet.......... I think the new email this morning states they won't be accepting any returns during the strike.

My carrier (Blackhorse) emailed us and told us to continue submitting and leaving material returns for the driver to pick-up. I was about to put in for some more bumper cores, can't let them babies pile up to high. I let you know if I get an answerback.

Got an answerback, just waiting for the PC302. I'm under the impression that our carrier is going to be here based on their email yesterday. Tune in tomorrow to "As the General Rolls" to find out! :D :lol:
bsnyder723

Next

Return to Parts Managers