Did you say it couldn't get much worse?????

Re: Did you say it couldn't get much worse?????

Postby X476 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Close the dealership. We want the dealerships to close since we haven't got a cost of living raise since the last strike, health care is too high and they want to hire temps full time to take away more of our hours."

Let's see they make more than I do have better healthcare than I do better retirement than I do and better profit sharing. Guess what I haven't had a cost of living adjustment in 9 years, I want more I sell more so no sympathy from me.
X476

Postby PartsPlant81 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:57 pm

X476 wrote:Close the dealership. We want the dealerships to close since we haven't got a cost of living raise since the last strike, health care is too high and they want to hire temps full time to take away more of our hours."

Let's see they make more than I do have better healthcare than I do better retirement than I do and better profit sharing. Guess what I haven't had a cost of living adjustment in 9 years, I want more I sell more so no sympathy from me.

Exactly. They don't realize how lucky they are. He didn't mention the overtime he gets, bonuses or the $8K they were gonna give them to sign the new contract! SMH :evil:
PartsPlant81

Postby partsguy99 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:03 pm

PartsPlant81 wrote:
X476 wrote:Close the dealership. We want the dealerships to close since we haven't got a cost of living raise since the last strike, health care is too high and they want to hire temps full time to take away more of our hours."

Exactly. They don't realize how lucky they are. He didn't mention the overtime he gets, bonuses or the $8K they were gonna give them to sign the new contract! SMH :evil:

F#CK THE UAW!!!! Did he happen to mention the contract they had prior to the crash in 2008 that PAID THEM NOT TO WORK!
partsguy99

Postby b44 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:52 am

WALKED IN TODAY TO FIND 3 DAYS OF RIM ORDERS WERE DELIVERED :o
b44

Postby Bucko21 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:05 pm

The UAW has the largest strike fund in America, they can afford to go on strike for months if not years! Don't let them kid you $250 a week is probably just the unemployment insurance! The UAW will supplement that up to their regular base salary.. When I was a UAW member back in the day in a dealer, we voted to strike during a tense contract negotiation. We were then told if we strike we will have NO money coming into our pockets. When I asked the rep how is that when he was bragging just a week prior that the UAW had the largest strike fund around, he said well we don't get to use that fund, that is only for Factory workers! Why be in the UAW if you can't take advantage of the perks of the main union?? I am glad I left GM 6 months ago and went foreign again. I miss it but dealing with the hoops we need to go through just to get parts, then sell them when there are other dealers selling on back end money is ridiculous! I was a wholesale dealer who sold at max 34% off, yet I was competing with a dealer from another state who was selling at 40% off! Why not just give the parts away for free!! I'll get off my soapbox now..
Bucko21

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:45 pm

The UAW owns a very nice golf course in Michigan, among other assets. I believe unions had their place at a certain time, but nowadays, it seems as if they are taking dues and paying their administrators six figure salaries to be much less useful.

A steel foundry nearby went on strike once, many years ago. They ended up clawing their way back up to the original deal on the table due to the foundry bringing in "scabs" who got the work out anyway.

I can recall times when my family members would be on strike for weeks, in the '70s & '80s, from GM. They all retired with great pensions, insurance and live comfortably. Others are not so fortunate, with unions negotiating the retirees right out of the benefits they were promised. Don't get me wrong, I don't count on companies bankrolling my future beyond employment with them; but these individuals were led to believe they would be taken care of in their golden years.
Denise Trimble

Postby EH427 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:45 pm

b44 wrote:WALKED IN TODAY TO FIND 3 DAYS OF RIM ORDERS WERE DELIVERED :o

B44, this is great news, from what PDC do you get your parts?
EH427

Postby tmundal » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:09 pm

We had 500+ lines from 86 here this morning.
tmundal

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:10 pm

I got 10 parts in today. Mostly RIM parts I upgraded in the BACK ORDER REPORT to CSO3. Nothing from 39
JGROSS1978

Postby johnmc98 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:12 pm

EH427 wrote:
b44 wrote:WALKED IN TODAY TO FIND 3 DAYS OF RIM ORDERS WERE DELIVERED :o

B44, this is great news, from what PDC do you get your parts?

Wish I could get some RIM parts, haven't since the first of last week here from Fort Worth 041.
johnmc98

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers