Did you say it couldn't get much worse?????

Did you say it couldn't get much worse?????

Postby PARTSPHIL » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:50 pm

I came in this morning to no parts, and this message...…I suspected such and prepared for it, but a simple heads up would have been appreciated!

Due to this work stoppage, our Customer Care and Aftersales (CCA) Parts Distribution and Redistribution Centers are closed, except for limited access by salaried employees to process critical customer orders only.
PARTSPHIL

Re: Did you say it couldn't get much worse?????

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:13 pm

My ADI is thrilled with us this morning $$$$$
Denise Trimble

Postby PartsPlant81 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:14 pm

We only received 1 tote that had 4 referrals in it from our daily truck; what a waste of a trip to be honest.

I'm hoping FedEx brings me all of the Service Lane Parts my technicians are waiting on.

What a mess :evil:
PartsPlant81

Postby TheEd » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Wholesale dealers gonna make out like gas station owners in a hurricane.
TheEd

Postby oakleyc2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Same here.... only thing we got was rim parts that should of been here Saturday. I sent an email yesterday to our local PDC asking if we would get parts. Only response I got was an automated message stating that UAW had chose to strike and that we would be updated when they were. Nothing stating they were open/closed. Had to wait and see what showed up this morning, which was nothing.
oakleyc2

Postby bluepart » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:00 pm

AND......... We gotta make these stupid RIM Adjustments to be PASE compliant. Why not just wave all this until everything is solved. GM is gonna get in somebody's pocket regardless.
bluepart

Postby camaroman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:26 pm

AND......... We gotta make these stupid RIM Adjustments to be PASE compliant. Why not just wave all this until everything is solved. GM is gonna get in somebody's pocket regardless.

I second that motion. What a bunch of B.S., just like the 075 fiasco, it shouldn't be our responsibility to apply for the adjustments in this situation.
camaroman

Postby wct54 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:58 pm

camaroman wrote:AND......... We gotta make these stupid RIM Adjustments to be PASE compliant. Why not just wave all this until everything is solved. GM is gonna get in somebody's pocket regardless.

I second that motion. What a bunch of B.S., just like the 075 fiasco, it shouldn't be our responsibility to apply for the adjustments in this situation.

I totally agree. This is TOTAL BULL SH*T!!! We should not have to jump thru hoops just to get the parts we need to service our customers. This crap show is on GM and the UAW, and has nothing to do with the dealers. PASE should definitely be put on hold. Stop the madness!
wct54

Postby bluepart » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:39 pm

PARTSPHIL wrote:I came in this morning to no parts, and this message...…I suspected such and prepared for it, but a simple heads up would have been appreciated!

Due to this work stoppage, our Customer Care and Aftersales (CCA) Parts Distribution and Redistribution Centers are closed, except for limited access by salaried employees to process critical customer orders only.

I doubt that Fed Ex or any other shipper is going to cross that picket line to get those overnight orders that we will get billed for regardless if it leaves GM or not.
bluepart

Postby partsguy99 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:31 pm

bluepart wrote:
PARTSPHIL wrote:I came in this morning to no parts, and this message...…I suspected such and prepared for it, but a simple heads up would have been appreciated!

I doubt that Fed Ex or any other shipper is going to cross that picket line to get those overnight orders that we will get billed for regardless if it leaves GM or not.

Fed Ex drivers are NOT Teamsters, so they will have NO problem crossing picket lines. As long as any delivery drivers are not in any union, (usually teamsters) you should get some deliveries. At least that was the case in past UAW strikes.
partsguy99

Next

Return to Parts Managers