Did you say it couldn't get much worse?????

Re: Did you say it couldn't get much worse?????

Postby X476 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 pm

TheEd wrote:GM has caved to UAW's healthcare demands of keeping it at the 3 to 4% employee contribution, versus the 15% GM wanted (Compare that to the 29% you and I contribute).

One step closer to getting the strike over with.

If I remember correctly, the cost of healthcare was one of the big factors in the bankruptcy back in 2008. So the union would rather bankrupt them again seems like a great idea.
X476

Postby TheEd » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:06 pm

X476 wrote:
TheEd wrote:GM has caved to UAW's healthcare demands of keeping it at the 3 to 4% employee contribution, versus the 15% GM wanted (Compare that to the 29% you and I contribute).

One step closer to getting the strike over with.

If I remember correctly, the cost of healthcare was one of the big factors in the bankruptcy back in 2008. So the union would rather bankrupt them again seems like a great idea.

Well GM netted around $2.5 billion per quarter last year with them still paying 3% to 4%, but pretty sure that $2.5 billion net came from the implementation of the PASE program "(GM) will earn even more than ever before! Make sure your PASE compliant today!"
TheEd

Postby JGROSS1978 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Don't place CSO orders!! You wont get them but will be billed for them :evil:
JGROSS1978

Postby WhoParted » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Also don't try to overnight any service lane parts..you will be billed for freight..
Gotta love it
WhoParted

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Just throwing this out for thought: Would GM intentionally drag this thing out in order to further "thin the herd" of the dealer base? Family members I have, who are retirees of GM, brought this subject to light. Apparently more goes into negotiation decisions than wages and insurance.
Denise Trimble

Postby PARTSPHIL » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Just throwing this out for thought: Would GM intentionally drag this thing out in order to further "thin the herd" of the dealer base? Family members I have, who are retirees of GM, brought this subject to light. Apparently more goes into negotiation decisions than wages and insurance.

That is a very interesting thought......
PARTSPHIL

Postby bsnyder723 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:53 pm

And now they turn off RIM and Rim Returns... Guess we need to go back to inventory cards! :lol:
bsnyder723

Postby marko65 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 pm

"PARTS PLUS STORES"STOCKS AC DELCO PARTS NOW
marko65

Postby PartsPlant81 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Just throwing this out for thought: Would GM intentionally drag this thing out in order to further "thin the herd" of the dealer base? Family members I have, who are retirees of GM, brought this subject to light. Apparently more goes into negotiation decisions than wages and insurance.

100%. I was out with a friend that works at a plant and is part of the strike.

His answer to my question "What do I do when I can't get parts to sell anymore?"
"Close the dealership. We want the dealerships to close since we haven't got a cost of living raise since the last strike, health care is too high and they want to hire temps full time to take away more of our hours."

Unfortunately I don't see this ending anytime soon. Make sure your resumes are up to date.
PartsPlant81

Postby LOKI1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:05 pm

They could do what we have have to do and just go find a better job, but I would think that they would find out they have a better job.
LOKI1

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers