Preparing For The Storm!

Re: Preparing For The Storm!

Postby WhoParted » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Look for GM to take this opportunity to get rid of the SLP Program permanently. Costing them way to much on upgrades and freight charges.
WhoParted

Postby TheEd » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:03 pm

WhoParted wrote:Look for GM to take this opportunity to get rid of the SLP Program permanently. Costing them way to much on upgrades and freight charges.

Sadly I agree with this sentiment. What is the point of a system to overnight parts to take care of customers when you also build in the ability for a facility to have a "24 hour window" to actually process the overnight request?

Or even better, you've already identified which parts are critical to customer service and which are the fastest moving, how about, I don't know, actually stock those parts at ALL PDCs and not just a single RDC?
TheEd

Postby WiscoCheese » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I am using and will continue using "laser focused" whenever I can.

SM: What this timeframe on getting this transmission to us?

Parts Idiot: I am laser focused on getting it here as fast as GM will allow it.
WiscoCheese

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:32 pm

WiscoCheese wrote:I am using and will continue using "laser focused" whenever I can.

SM: What this timeframe on getting this transmission to us?

Parts Idiot: I am laser focused on getting it here as fast as GM will allow it.

Now that's funny :lol:
Consider it stolen!!
bsnyder723

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:54 pm

:shock: BRING ON THOSE HOLIDAY :roll: VACATIONS AND SHUTDOWNS!
Denise Trimble

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:14 am

Get here at 3:45 am to bust into all the orders that are coming. I have one guy off and another with back surgery. I open the doors and turn on the lights and NOTHING. WTF………… Email from DLI says they had a driver call off (whatever that means). I call the PDC and ask if the route is delayed or not coming. Ya its been cancelled. You cannot measure the amount of frustration that I am feeling. They have no backup plans for a driver call off (again what the fuck does that mean). I asked them how they are going to handle a doubling of orders that are already tripled……..and I get a chuckle. Did I mention how I am feeling… oh ya I think if I get one more email or one more person tell me “thank you for your patience and understanding” and “we are laser focused” I’m going to puke! They don’t realize that patience ran out a long time ago. Tell that to the customer that has been waiting over a month for his 2020 Equinox Gate that’s stuck in Cincy because they are not sending referrals or the customer…… well you get it and I’m sure everyone has the same stories. What really sucks is I couldn’t even go out for breakfast because nothing is open not even Mcdonalds. What a wonderful time to be in GM parts at a dealership. I posted this because I have NOTHING to do right now but we will soon be open and let the bitching begin. Can not wait!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby PartScott » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:14 pm

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:Get here at 3:45 am to bust into all the orders that are coming. I have one guy off and another with back surgery. I open the doors and turn on the lights and NOTHING. WTF………… Email from DLI says they had a driver call off (whatever that means). I call the PDC and ask if the route is delayed or not coming. Ya its been cancelled. You cannot measure the amount of frustration that I am feeling. They have no backup plans for a driver call off (again what the fuck does that mean). I asked them how they are going to handle a doubling of orders that are already tripled……..and I get a chuckle. Did I mention how I am feeling… oh ya I think if I get one more email or one more person tell me “thank you for your patience and understanding” and “we are laser focused” I’m going to puke! They don’t realize that patience ran out a long time ago. Tell that to the customer that has been waiting over a month for his 2020 Equinox Gate that’s stuck in Cincy because they are not sending referrals or the customer…… well you get it and I’m sure everyone has the same stories. What really sucks is I couldn’t even go out for breakfast because nothing is open not even Mcdonalds. What a wonderful time to be in GM parts at a dealership. I posted this because I have NOTHING to do right now but we will soon be open and let the bitching begin. Can not wait!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Serviced out of Cincinnati, today we got three pieces that we were shorted yesterday...and that's it. Nothing else. :x
PartScott

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Same here. 3 pieces we've been waiting on forever, all referrals. (Cincy) Had two other dealers on our route call to ask if we got a truck today, because they got nothing or just a few things also. "Out of our hands" is the understatement of the year!
Denise Trimble

Postby PartsPlant81 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:14 pm

And my owner thought the day after the strike was over we would just get all of the parts we were waiting on for 5 weeks the next day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PartsPlant81

Postby bsnyder723 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:40 pm

PartsPlant81 wrote:And my owner thought the day after the strike was over we would just get all of the parts we were waiting on for 5 weeks the next day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have only gotten 2 RIM orders, but my PDC (Philly) is caught up on CSO orders.... 75 and 76 are still only working CSO3 orders, not referrals. I keep waiting for the tidal wave of parts, it will probably be Monday or Tuesday when all the UAW "workers" decide to come in and work the weekend so they can get overtime and double time. :oops:
bsnyder723

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers