Ugh

Re: Ugh

Postby X476 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:48 pm

Saw an interview with someone on the picket line, complaining that the $250.00 a week was really hurting him and the bill collectors were calling daily. Bill collectors don't bother you if the bill is two weeks old! I think some of these workers need to learn to budget if they are going to let the union run their life.
X476

Postby bigmac » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm

bluepart wrote:I don't have much sympathy for either side any more. They have none for anybody else.

I agree wholeheartedly.
bigmac

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:07 pm

They can find their "sympathy" between shit & syphilis in the dictionary. Unions had their place at one time. This ain't it. Most companies, not just GM, have tried to get away from the endless funding of everyone's lifetime post employment. As I stated in a previous post in this forum, most of my family (and my husband's family) retired from GM and their suppliers here. People must become more self-reliant, save for their expenses in retirement because we don't know how long it will last!
Denise Trimble

Postby parts4life » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:14 pm

You are 100% correct Denise!
The entitlement mindset is sending our country into a tailspin.
If you want to guarantee that your savings last through retirement, try spending less than you earn. It's not rocket science.
The staggering costs of providing healthcare at a cost far below what we see in the private sector is a major challenge
to any company with union employees.
My message to the UAW (and all the other corrupt city/village/government workers): "YOUR retirement should not be MY problem"
If you don't like the wages/benefits that GM provides, LEAVE! Come on down to the dealer level and experience our stress to pay ratio!!!
I've saved my entire life to provide a stable future for my family, and now MY wages will be half of a what I earn in typical month because of union greed.
All of us in parts will never be compensated for what we are losing in revenue due to the strike. The PASE payout makes or breaks our bottom line, and the strike is holding us all hostage.
Have a great weekend and try to forget this mess for a couple days!
parts4life

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:27 pm

What is everyone else doing about RPL? Are we suppose to send in adjustments to the same day adjuster? I hate to assume that GM is going to make another exception this month and then find out I'm screwed, so to speak.....

DURING THESE DARK TIMES OF GM PARTS WOES , THE ECHOES OF EVIL LAUGHTER IN THE MINDS OF PARTS PERSONNEL GOING INSANE WITH THE HORRORS OF WHAT'S TO COME WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER . BACK ORDERS , SHORTAGES , MISDELIVERIES....... FROM THE ASHES WE WILL RISE !!
bsnyder723

Postby bentwrench54 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:34 pm

bsnyder723 wrote:What is everyone else doing about RPL? Are we suppose to send in adjustments to the same day adjuster? I hate to assume that GM is going to make another exception this month and then find out I'm screwed, so to speak.....

I just got off the phone with my rep. From what I understand, they're so far keeping PASE turned off.

I threw him a curveball. What if they solve this strike with 5 days left in the month and a bunch of us dealers are at risk of failing for RPL? (I'm at 77% right now.)

He didn't know what to say.

:shrug:
bentwrench54

Postby PartsPlant81 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm not wasting time worrying about PASE right now.

Only priority is not running out of oil filters and other fast moving parts. Everyday it gets more difficult but I am not wasting one second thinking about PASE and any other GM acronym and/or metric until this mess is cleaned up.

Also, I have my physical inventory in about 1 month :evil: :twisted: :o
PartsPlant81

Postby AdamRich1785 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 pm

PartsPlant81 wrote:I'm not wasting time worrying about PASE right now.

Only priority is not running out of oil filters and other fast moving parts. Everyday it gets more difficult but I am not wasting one second thinking about PASE and any other GM acronym and/or metric until this mess is cleaned up.

Also, I have my physical inventory in about 1 month :evil: :twisted: :o

Agreed. all three managers from our three stores told management we have ZERO control right now. Owner said just to make the customers happy no matter what.
AdamRich1785

Previous

Return to Parts Managers