And so it begins

Re: And so it begins

Postby AdamRich1785 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Received 128 lines today but no filters..
AdamRich1785

Postby NITROZ28 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:40 pm

Came from 039
NITROZ28

Postby johnmc98 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Ordered 120 filters of assorted different numbers Sept. 30th. They shipped yesterday on FEDEX due in tomorrow. Finally.
johnmc98

Postby mdishong » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:29 pm

johnmc98 wrote:Ordered 120 filters of assorted different numbers Sept. 30th. They shipped yesterday on FEDEX due in tomorrow. Finally.

Regular CSO or CSO-3?
mdishong

Postby PartScott » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Anyone else get this gem this morning?

Reference Number: GCUS-9-8532

Part Ordering Update – Please Order Oil Filters in Pallet Quantity
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this challenging time. Because of the strong relationship we have with our supplier partners, many have worked out arrangements to ship directly to our dealer network. Suppliers are working with us to respond to our needs by revising processes and adding additional resources to adjust the increase in volume. Orders for certain parts have increased dramatically, however, for example demand for certain oil filters over a three-day period surpassed the order volume typically experienced in a full month.
To allow us to fulfill as many oil filter orders as possible in the shortest possible time, we are requesting that dealerships order oil filters in pallet quantity (or multiples of pallet quantities) when possible.
The attached file details the part numbers for which orders can be placed in pallet quantity as well as the quantity of each part numbers on each pallet. Also included is an attachment showing the cross between some of our OE Cabin Air Filters that are currently warehoused, to our Professional Cabin Air Filters that are available via ship direct.
Submit your pallet orders by following the minimum order quantity outlined in the attached chart. Please note: pallet orders are only to be placed DRO. CSO pallet orders will be rejected.
Additional Information
• Orders should be placed in pallet quantities or multiples of pallet quantities. Pallet quantity information can be found in the attached
• This is NOT an incentive program. This message is intended to provide direction on ordering practices as it pertains to the attached list of parts
• Pallet orders must be placed as DRO
• Orders will ship from the supplier on a first in – first out basis
Existing pallet and non pallet orders in queue are being processed - there is no need to reorder previously ordered parts.
Cross Reference List.xlsx
Oil Filter Pallet Qty.xlsx

Document : https://dealer.autopartners(dot)net/portal/uscontent/headlines/Pages/GCUS-9-8532.aspx

Now we have to place orders for PALLETS of oil filters??? We can't get cases shipped, how are they going to get pallets to us???
PartScott

Postby camaroman » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:28 pm

From what I can see you have to take a pallet of one number, i.e. 1800 PF64's that would last me about 3 years. I do not see anywhere on the bulletin where you can mix and match them. Besides that you have to do it as a DRO so benefit to the bottom line either. Gotta Love that Great GM Feeling!!!!!!!!
camaroman

Postby ehiatt » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Just got this clarification in an email:

Pallet order quantity bulletin is not intended to be a mix and match. The intent is to allow dealers that can order in pallet qty do so and speed the shipping process as supplier just has to grab a pallet and move to shipping lanes.

Filter orders placed during the strike and prior to the ship direct switch over [CCA redirecting ship direct parts to suppliers] will ship from PDC as PDC works through orders in PDC order ques.

Suppliers are working with us to respond to our needs by revising processes and adding additional resources to adjust the increase in volume. Orders for certain parts have increased dramatically, for example demand for certain oil filters over a three-day period surpassed the order volume typically experienced in a full month. Suppliers are working as fast as possible to get orders shipped to dealers.

All orders [ship direct and PDC] will be shipped eventually, we will not delete orders based on age of order.
ehiatt

Postby johnmc98 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm

mdishong wrote:
johnmc98 wrote:Ordered 120 filters of assorted different numbers Sept. 30th. They shipped yesterday on FEDEX due in tomorrow. Finally.

Regular CSO or CSO-3?

DRO on these. Placed another order for almost as many on the 15th of this month CSO that still haven't shipped out.
johnmc98

Postby bigmac » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:51 pm

camaroman wrote:From what I can see you have to take a pallet of one number, i.e. 1800 PF64's that would last me about 3 years. I do not see anywhere on the bulletin where you can mix and match them. Besides that you have to do it as a DRO so benefit to the bottom line either. Gotta Love that Great GM Feeling!!!!!!!!

That way you shouldn't have to order any again until the next strike.
bigmac

Postby PartScott » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:52 pm

BURTPPM wrote:hey wasn't it like 10 days ago someone said something about pallet quantity orders ?

worked for me then , but what do I know

I'm glad that you move the volume to justify a pallet order, and I'm glad that you have the space to store pallets of them..not all of us have that luxury. As has been stated, it would take me almost a year to move a pallet of 63's...and that is my fastest mover. Don't even get me started about the 3+ years that it would take to move every other number on the list. Not only that, but then I have to find room to store 15,536 oil filters (numbers that I am currently low on, ordered in pallet quantities). I also don't feel that I should have to order 1,800 or more of a number that I typically get 48 or 60 of.
PartScott

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers