And so it begins

Re: And so it begins

Postby LOKI1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:16 pm

PartScott wrote:
BURTPPM wrote:hey wasn't it like 10 days ago someone said something about pallet quantity orders ?

worked for me then , but what do I know

I'm glad that you move the volume to justify a pallet order, and I'm glad that you have the space to store pallets of them..not all of us have that luxury. As has been stated, it would take me almost a year to move a pallet of 63's...and that is my fastest mover. Don't even get me started about the 3+ years that it would take to move every other number on the list. Not only that, but then I have to find room to store 15,536 oil filters (numbers that I am currently low on, ordered in pallet quantities). I also don't feel that I should have to order 1,800 or more of a number that I typically get 48 or 60 of.

I'm in total agreement with you. So far I've been able to stay ahead and I certainly don't need a pallet of anything.
LOKI1

Postby PartScott » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:26 pm

LOKI1 wrote:I'm in total agreement with you. So far I've been able to stay ahead and I certainly don't need a pallet of anything.

If it was a mix-n-match deal like they have always done in the past, then I would be all over it...but come on. I don't need NINE pallets of oil filters sitting around.
PartScott

Postby NITROZ28 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 pm

We did an excessive order and received pf63's and pf64's in less than 6 days. The funny thing is they came from our local PDC. The order was placed last week and we received them on Tuesday of this week.
NITROZ28

Postby tmundal » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Got about 500 lines from Reno this morning. Mostly small stuff.
tmundal

Postby PartScott » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 pm

BURTPPM wrote:well sorry didn't intend to upset anyone I was not bragging just was telling everyone how I ordered these filters and it only took a short time to get something GM didn't tell us
right away but any how later on I did mix and match like I ordered 120 of one filter and 120 of another and also other parts with that and I received it
in pretty quick but i'm not saying how to do that don't want to upset you again , my two pallets did go in a storage container out back , I guess this forum is like any other forum you need to watch how
you say things some people just here things in a different way , I guess maybe that strike would be over with by now if people knew how to address certain topics .

thx Duckman

Don't take it personally. I didn't mean for it to seem that way, nor did I take it personally. You mix-n-matched, and I would be all for that...if I could order 2,000 - 2,500 of a mix of oil filters today with a guarantee that I would have them in a reasonable amount of time, I would have already placed the order. But, unfortunately, mix-n-match is not included in this deal...pallet quantities of a single number only. Plus the fact that GM said we could order filters normally and they would have a 48 hour of standard on ship direct orders...well, we all know how that one worked out. It makes me wonder if there will be a debacle with the pallet orders.

Again, don't take it personally...I'm just a bitter Parts Manager right now trying to toe the line with pissed-off customers on one side, pissed off techs/advisors on the other, and pissed off customers directly in front of me.
PartScott

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:11 pm

PartScott wrote:
BURTPPM wrote:hey wasn't it like 10 days ago someone said something about pallet quantity orders ?

I'm glad that you move the volume to justify a pallet order, and I'm glad that you have the space to store pallets of them..not all of us have that luxury. As has been stated, it would take me almost a year to move a pallet of 63's...and that is my fastest mover. Don't even get me started about the 3+ years that it would take to move every other number on the list. Not only that, but then I have to find room to store 15,536 oil filters (numbers that I am currently low on, ordered in pallet quantities). I also don't feel that I should have to order 1,800 or more of a number that I typically get 48 or 60 of.

Just curious, is there any dealers in your area that you could possibly split a couple of pallets with?? I am reaching out to the dealers that I am close to and seeing if they are game.... Just an idea..
bsnyder723

Postby DHEGG » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Napa has lots of filter and I can order as many or little as I want, im not F$%&#ing with GM anymore!! probably the same filter manufacturer just painted white.
DHEGG

Postby AdamRich1785 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:57 pm

bsnyder723 wrote:
PartScott wrote:

Just curious, is there any dealers in your area that you could possibly split a couple of pallets with?? I am reaching out to the dealers that I am close to and seeing if they are game.... Just an idea..

This was my plan. But seems no one wants to bite. The dealer closest to me is buying napa filters and writing GM numbers on them and stocking them that way. Doesnt seem smart to me.
AdamRich1785

Postby camaroman » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:12 pm

I guess the other question I have is how fast will these be shipped to us, no one is saying.
camaroman

Postby PartScott » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pm

camaroman wrote:I guess the other question I have is how fast will these be shipped to us, no one is saying.

If you even get them...just like the message that came out on the 4th saying that filters were ship direct and orders would be fulfilled and shipped in 48 hours. :lol:
PartScott

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers