And so it begins

Re: And so it begins

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Since the bulletin states - first come first served...

What if several dealers actually do purchase pallets of filters?

Will the filters suddenly go on national backorder?

I like the statement: "...for example demand for certain oil filters over a three-day period surpassed the order volume typically experienced in a full month." Well when all the Delco WDs run out of filters we all have to order from GM.

Now GM is going to get smart and force all orders through them at much higher basic quantities. I can see minimum orders similar to coolant in the future. Want a filter - here is 48 or 96 of them...

Anyone else think GM could have given us a heads up that the UAW negotiations weren't going well and maybe we would like to increase stock levels?

GM is at the worst I have ever seen them. And I have been doing this for a long time.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby Zep33 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:44 am

GM - We're not happy until you're really fucking tired of our shit
Zep33

Postby bbmgr » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:30 pm

And here we are 30 days after the bulletin stating we could get Ship Direct filters in 48 hours..... and still not 1 filter. GM is silent, my DMA is silent (except for trying to get me to buy a bakers' dozen of batteries) No response to any posts on the DFOAB.... When will any of the hundreds of filters at ship direct get shipped??
bbmgr

Postby X476 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:39 pm

The vendors are not "Laser Focused" on your recovery as GM is.
X476

Postby bigmac » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:02 pm

By "laser focused' do they mean like a cat focused on a laser pointer?
bigmac

Postby tmundal » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Has anyone gotten parts out of 085? I have a ton of stuff that has referred there over the last six weeks and have seen nothing at all. Reno is my facing dc, but 85 is supposedly in my local chain.
tmundal

Postby X476 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:14 pm

No truck again from Hudson today! Another "call out" whatever the hell that is. I thought the "Laser Focus" included more personnel. Must be for the ivory tower people because I'm sure in the hell not seeing any improvement! :x :x :x
X476

Postby bluepart » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm

If it's not in the local PDC , I tell the customer I can not Faithfully tell them when or if :cry: :cry: General Motors LLC will ever get any more parts. Sad but true. Things are worse than Pre-bankruptcy 2009.
bluepart

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:28 pm

They had 40 days knowing the strike would end sooner or later to set in motion a plan to catch everyone up. This is the best they could do???? I think Tim T told everyone to run in circles with their hands waving in the air screaming........WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!! It's like a hand grenade going off each day. I can't see any PDC's doing things the same. Everyone is making their own rules.How can you not send out referrals for CSO orders...........makes no sense these are customers waiting for parts!
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby X476 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 pm

can't make this up. Ordered part 10-18-19 first truck after strike ends crashes in ditch total loss (according to GM) Reordered part as per GM, checked today cannot find order. Called in 48 minutes on hold finally got someone. Told me part was delivered I ask what control number, its the one that was lost and has been credited back already when I explained it they said "you will have to reorder it" I explained that I had and gave them the new control number they said it referred to Chicago and they are way behind.I explained the situation again in detail and was told "well put a spac case on it and it would ship sooner :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: My customers truck is now down and I have no idea when the geniuses will ship my damn parts
X476

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers