Ordering aluminum parts for an CT6

Ordering aluminum parts for an CT6

Postby CADLOU » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:01 pm

I have a problem. I am in need of a rear body panel for an CT6. It is on a national control. I have tried every avenue I can but have hit a wall. I have been told by SPAC, my current DM, my last two former DM'S and their boss that I cannot order this part because I am not a certified Cadillac aluminum network. There is not a dealer in the state of Kentucky, according to GM, that is certified. I am at a loss on how to get this part. Do any of you have an idea? are any of you certified and able to help me get this part?
CADLOU

Re: Ordering aluminum parts for an CT6

Postby AdamRich1785 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Well thats crazy

I'm actually really glad we dont have a body shop
AdamRich1785

Postby CADLOU » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:31 pm

That the kicker, this car isn't even in our body shop. It is at an independent.
CADLOU

Postby EH427 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:00 pm

The car has to be repaired at an aluminium repair facility for safety reasons.
We are certified and I can not sell the parts to anyone.
We have taken in 3 or so cars from other dealers who found out the hard way after they ordered the parts for it.
There are only certain parts on the do not sell list so they had a lot of items come in for a car they could not repair.
EH427

Postby CADLOU » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:16 pm

What I do not understand is that the shop that wants the part is aluminum certified. Not Cadillac, but by Toyota. How is this okay?
CADLOU

Postby dandanthepartsman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 pm

I ran into this a earlier this year. Thankfully i was able to return the body side that i was able to order but not the rear tail lamp pocket and a few body brackets. Extremely frustrating that i was even able to order the whole body side to find out that i couldn't get the other parts. GM's answer was "give us $5000 and send someone to training and yes even that wholesale body shop can become an elite cadillac repair network shop".... The closest one to us was over 500 miles away.... Our wholesale client was extremely pissed off. I put red flags on a few of the body parts in our parts catalog to warn my guys about this so it doesn't happen again. Good luck I barked up every tree that I could and was told basically tough shit.

Thanks GM for the awesome memories this year.
dandanthepartsman

Return to Parts Managers