Some recovery plan!

Some recovery plan!

Postby camaroman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:47 am

So they tell us that they are going to work the weekend to help get caught up, so in order to do that they delay my Saturday delivery to Sunday. That e-mail came at 4:50 P.M. Friday afternoon after I left for the day. So I get to disappoint customers again Saturday morning, since I told them the parts would be here, instead they should be here Monday. Well guess what it is Monday morning and we did not receive a delivery at all. Instead I received the below email from our Cross Dock on Sunday morning.

Dear Robert,

Due to a cross dock staffing issue, you will not be receiving your GM delivery. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at 855-882-7100

Dealership: Route:5132-2

Gotta Love that Great GM Feeling!!!!!!
camaroman

Re: Some recovery plan!

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Got 14 partial RIM orders today. I guess they think the dealers are staffed with a 1st and 2nd shift? This filled up my entire shipping and receiving area. Going to take 3days to put up!
JGROSS1978

Postby PartsPlant81 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:59 pm

According to our DLI driver he said they were supposed to work on Sunday but they told them that they changed their minds so we didn't get any extra orders last week.

He also said it's so out of control that he's probably going to quit. :o
PartsPlant81

Postby X476 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:39 pm

PartsPlant81 wrote:According to our DLI driver he said they were supposed to work on Sunday but they told them that they changed their minds so we didn't get any extra orders last week.

He also said it's so out of control that he's probably going to quit. :o

Our driver out of Hudson said same thing! They have had so many drivers calling in sick there has been two days we didn't get our truck.
X476

Postby WiscoCheese » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:42 pm

I had a DLI rep from the Hudson PDC call me last Friday and apologized that I would not be seeing a truck. He was quite detailed in his response. I finally told him it's ok, I've been living with disappointment with GM for what seems like forever, so this is not a big deal at all.
WiscoCheese

Postby TimK » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:22 pm

WiscoCheese wrote:I had a DLI rep from the Hudson PDC call me last Friday and apologized that I would not be seeing a truck. He was quite detailed in his response. I finally told him it's ok, I've been living with disappointment with GM for what seems like forever, so this is not a big deal at all.

DLI sucks.

Tell the rep to get off his ass and get in a truck.
TimK

Postby camaroman » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Screwed again today, received 8 bulk pieces from our PDC and a couple RIF pieces. This is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!
camaroman

Postby camaroman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:40 am

And another day without parts. So much fun and it is only 6:15 A.M.

]Dear Robert

Due to a trailer issue, you will not be receiving your GM delivery. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at 855-882-7100

[/color]
camaroman

Postby camaroman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Next day same sh!t. Received the parts we ordered yesterday, but not the parts that were ordered on Tuesday. Oh what fun it is.
camaroman

Postby Torgy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:27 pm

DLI was shut down our route 1 day last week because of the weather around the Duluth MN area. If they would have ran the route in reverse of their normal route we would have our freight, and the roads further to the North would have been cleared by the time the driver got up to that parts of the route. Our driver was already informing us when they dropped off at 10 AM that he was probably not running tomorrow. I feel bad for our driver as he probably has the one of the longest routes in MN. He lives almost a hour from where he picks his trailer up and then after 450 miles of driving through the night he still has that drive back home. This can not be anything safe! GM and DLI need to get more trucks and drivers on the road, as well as fill in drivers.
Torgy

Next

Return to Parts Managers