DHL

DHL

Postby TheEd » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 pm

As soon as the strike gets over, DHL suddenly has issues staffing trucks. Every day this past week has been a 8 to 10 hour delay on the truck leaving the dock and today, at 2:30 PM, they still have not been able to find a temporary driver to drive our route from last night. No idea if what I'm ordering today will be here tomorrow either. Anyone else having issues out of DHL?
TheEd

Re: DHL

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:56 pm

TheEd wrote:As soon as the strike gets over, DHL suddenly has issues staffing trucks. Every day this past week has been a 8 to 10 hour delay on the truck leaving the dock and today, at 2:30 PM, they still have not been able to find a temporary driver to drive our route from last night. No idea if what I'm ordering today will be here tomorrow either. Anyone else having issues out of DHL?

Lots and lots of issues with them. Ryder never had this many problems. Forget parts on the dock, lose parts and drop our parts at another dealer driver issues loading issues...………..I could go on and on!
JGROSS1978

Postby TimK » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:17 pm

JGROSS1978 wrote:
TheEd wrote:As soon as the strike gets over, DHL suddenly has issues staffing trucks. Every day this past week has been a 8 to 10 hour delay on the truck leaving the dock and today, at 2:30 PM, they still have not been able to find a temporary driver to drive our route from last night. No idea if what I'm ordering today will be here tomorrow either. Anyone else having issues out of DHL?

Lots and lots of issues with them. Ryder never had this many problems. Forget parts on the dock, lose parts and drop our parts at another dealer driver issues loading issues...………..I could go on and on!

Sounds just like DLI.

:?
TimK

Postby PartScott » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:29 pm

TimK wrote:Sounds just like DLI.

:?

I was just sitting here wondering if the title was supposed to be DHL or DLI. :lol:
PartScott

Postby AdamRich1785 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:23 pm

We're dealing with the same from black horse. My driver is cool and tries his best but he told us yesterday that people are quiting left and right. Crazy
AdamRich1785

Postby bentwrench54 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:25 pm

I can't believe how people just quit and go.

I'm stuck. I'm in the middle of separating from my wife AND i'm in the process of trying to buy a house.

anymore all I can do is laugh.

:lol: :lol:
bentwrench54

Postby CADLOU » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:23 pm

I have not had a shipment from my DLI since Saturday. I called and was told that they would have to contact the temp driver. I knew I was screwed when they told me that. Sure enough when they called back, he told them he didn't have any keys to get in. So, why didn't he tell someone this? The woman I was talking with told me she was dealing with this drivers screw ups all day yesterday. Even stated that they wish they would fire him. It is bad enough dealing with GM and their screw problems to have this laid down on us now.

Great customer service!
CADLOU

Postby bigmac » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:02 pm

We got this message this morning, "Due to route coverage your route is currently sitting, we are looking for a driver and we will update you once we get a driver rolling in route. We do apologize for any inconveniences this may bring." The message was sent at 4:38 this morning. My guess is if we are lucky we will get the order in the morning. How do we explain to our customers?
bigmac

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:33 pm

bigmac wrote:We got this message this morning, "Due to route coverage your route is currently sitting, we are looking for a driver and we will update you once we get a driver rolling in route. We do apologize for any inconveniences this may bring." The message was sent at 4:38 this morning. My guess is if we are lucky we will get the order in the morning. How do we explain to our customers?

Everyday for the last 3-4 weeks from 39!!! 1-3 hours late.
JGROSS1978

Postby bigmac » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:43 pm

JGROSS1978 wrote:
bigmac wrote:We got this message this morning, "Due to route coverage your route is currently sitting, we are looking for a driver and we will update you once we get a driver rolling in route. We do apologize for any inconveniences this may bring." The message was sent at 4:38 this morning. My guess is if we are lucky we will get the order in the morning. How do we explain to our customers?

Everyday for the last 3-4 weeks from 39!!! 1-3 hours late.

Same here, but at least they usually arrive early enough here that the parts are usually here when I get in even being 1-3 hours late.
bigmac

Next

Return to Parts Managers