Parts Inventory Spread Over Multiple Locations

Parts Inventory Spread Over Multiple Locations

Postby BRIAN8474 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 pm

I'm a new member, and after searching for an answer to my question I wasn't able to find anything that fit my problem specifically. To those of you that are running CDK Drive: Is there a way to set up a partitioned inventory in CDK without having to buy more licenses? What I mean by this is The multi-bin function does show possible places for any given part to be, it does not give quantities in individual bins. Has anyone found a way around this? My reason for needing a "part count in each bin" function is we are in the process of acquiring another building with its own service department 20 miles away. I am going to have to set up an inventory with a substantial number of parts so the service department out there has parts to fix vehicles. Parts that I currently stock have bin locations here at the main store, and the parts I am going to stock at our remote service shop are just multiples of the parts already in stock at current location. I am trying to find a way that my back counterman here at the dealership can sell a part to an RO and be sure that the part is HERE and not 20 miles away. From the research I've done I dont think theres a clean workaround.....But I am staring down the barrel of this gun and figured I'd at least reach out to you all and see if anyone has info that could be helpful to me. A little background to help understand the constraints: I am a Chevy/Toyota parts manager. My GM and Toyota inventory are not commingled because we operate the two brands as separate stores, but our remote shop will have parts inventory and be accounted for under the Chevy store. Current GM part number count with on-hand quantity is 27,000 at about a million dollars, and I anticipate that the new location will require about 2-4 thousand stocking part numbers. I am also RIM/PASE compliant, and intend on maintaining compliance through the expansion. Sorry for the lengthy lead-in, and thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.
BRIAN8474

Return to Parts Managers