SLP

SLP

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 pm

Anybody heard anything about turning Service Lane Parts back on? It really sucks waiting 3-5 or more days to get your fast-moving parts back in stock.
bsnyder723

Re: SLP

Postby bigmac » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:42 pm

No and why are they still ordering filters 36 at a time when they have stock in the local PDC? I remember GM's big reason for starting the RIM program was less depth and more breadth.
bigmac

Postby X476 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:05 pm

bigmac wrote:No and why are they still ordering filters 36 at a time when they have stock in the local PDC? I remember GM's big reason for starting the RIM program was less depth and more breadth.

Hell I wish we would get 36 at a time still getting 12 at a time.
X476

Postby camaroman » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:16 pm

They need to catch up on all the old orders before they turn the SLP feature back on and if we are lucky that might be by March. Not holding our breath here, it might snow an inch and then we are way behind again. Oh wait that happened today.
camaroman

Postby Torgy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:02 pm

I have a feeling that we won't see SLP parts again, I'm sure that GM's is paying way to much for shipping and by canceling the SLP's it will save them ton's of money. I hope that I am incorrect!
Torgy

Postby westside » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 pm

I told our DMA at the time SLP's started it's a huge waste of money, we are getting SLP parts and the customers part sits on our sor shelves. I told him GM should add another order advise code just for SLP parts (advise code 6) and GM would pick up the shipping cost, if we need it the next day. I told him if he presents this idea to upper management and all the money they would save he just might get a office right next to Mary's office in the GM tower. If they did stop SLP program the still should add another advise code for the SLP parts. The dealer knows how fast we need the parts on GM...
westside

Postby drapp » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:35 pm

I would like to know if GM will reimburse the dealer body for the lost SLP service. After all, if you remember, the dealers were "charged" and we all continue to "pay" for SLP even though it has been turned off. GM owes each and every dealer.

Reminder:
The last stock order discount was taken away as a payment for SLP. GM saved millions in stock order allowance paid to dealers. These millions supposedly went to pay for the overnight freight. So the last several months we have not received any stock order allowance AND they took the freight away.

Then today I watched a 60 second video stating GM is concerned about dealer profitability. I hope they put some effort toward this and also some effort to simply get out and stay out of our business. For years dealers were profitable and got along fine without all this intrusive assistance. Don't get me wrong GM should, can and must provide dealers assistance. But in years past we asked for it and received it. Now we seem to get more than we want - and what we receive is not what we need.
drapp

Return to Parts Managers