Reynolds

Reynolds

Postby Markgarcia » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:03 am

I was in the parts business years ago we were on Reynolds the old blue screen I was used to 2041, 2525 etc I recently got back in the business.Any suggestions or tips that helped any of you on switching over? One of my co-workers had a sheet that referenced the screen number example 2525 and it had the new path to get there on ignite however he can’t find it I looked on line for something like that but found nothing.
Markgarcia

Re: Reynolds

Postby MSInventory » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Time brother, nothing but time.

You will find most of your daily jobs that you wold normally do in blue screen under the heading "Tools" and most of your canned reports under the "Reports" tab. You should have a "My Procedures" box on your main parts page. This is where 2525, 2041, 2062,2063,2101 should be. You will learn that you can customize these jobs in a "Favorites" window and develop shortcuts to them all.

It's not an easy integration if you are used to blue but unfortunately, it's what you'll have to deal with. You will probably learn to love the new 6910 "Dynamic Reporting". It's very intuitive.

I was on blue screen from conception (theirs, not mine lol) and can navigate faster in blue than anyone can in ignite any day. Oh, some at R&R will disagree but they are newbes to all this. Hang in there, it only gets easier!
"The worst thing a Parts Manager can do is to fall in love with his parts."
MSInventory

Postby Rykid50 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:32 pm

I have a cheat sheet I stole from one of the R&R reps... shhhh lol
What's you email
Rykid50

Postby Bucko21 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:05 pm

A lot of you won't agree with me, but when I moved to Ignite at first I hated it, to me it was slower, and more useless. After a few months, it started to get better, then I was finding items in it that were better then the blue screen, (I've been off it now a year on ADP now God help me) but use the favorites tab and put all of your most used jobs there. It will help. I requested Reynolds add in the old page numbers (2525,2529,2062) into the quick launch bar, they told me that they had added the page numbers to the menus. If enough people tell them to make the quick launch bar search on the old screen numbers they will add it in.. It would make the conversion over to Ignite for those of us who were on Blue screens forever a lot easier...
Bucko21

Postby 72E » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 am

Markgarcia wrote:I was in the parts business years ago we were on Reynolds the old blue screen I was used to 2041, 2525 etc I recently got back in the business.Any suggestions or tips that helped any of you on switching over? One of my co-workers had a sheet that referenced the screen number example 2525 and it had the new path to get there on ignite however he can’t find it I looked on line for something like that but found nothing.

If you press F1 from the ignite screen, it will bring up a pop up with an Executable Lookup that you can search with. It will show you the new path to your old screens
72E

Return to Parts Managers