SPAC

SPAC

Postby Trav_ThePartsGuy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Got a quick question for you guys regarding a recall. We are currently waiting for GM to send us about 11 recall parts and we've been waiting for a while. A local dealer has more then enough to handle the jobs we have here. My question is, if I cancel the SPAC case, and order them from the local dealer, will GM pay the difference like a normal warranty part? I just don't understand how GM can't seem to fill our orders yet we have a few dealers in the area with 20+ of this particular P#.

Thanks!
Trav_ThePartsGuy

Re: SPAC

Postby bsnyder723 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:57 pm

Trav_ThePartsGuy wrote:Got a quick question for you guys regarding a recall. We are currently waiting for GM to send us about 11 recall parts and we've been waiting for a while. A local dealer has more then enough to handle the jobs we have here. My question is, if I cancel the SPAC case, and order them from the local dealer, will GM pay the difference like a normal warranty part? I just don't understand how GM can't seem to fill our orders yet we have a few dealers in the area with 20+ of this particular P#.

Thanks!

See if the other dealer is willing to sell to Sprint, (he gets paid quickly from GM and you get them at cost instead of 15% over)... Then call SPAC and give them the information. Sucks that we have to do their job and our own.
bsnyder723

Postby westside » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Use Z5000 on the Ro... Z5000 is the difference between GM cost and what the dealer charges you. Example .. if dealer cost is $50.00 and the dealer charges you $75.00 bill $25.00 on the Ro as a Z5000. This works every time for us.
westside

Postby Trav_ThePartsGuy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Alright so I would just sprint it like normal, BUT I have a ton of these and with hold times calling SPAC, I would never get them all done in an efficient time span. I was hoping to cancel them, cut POs for each, then rattle them off to that dealer to get them( quick and easy). Problem is, I don't want to pay more for the part then I would from GM. So I was hoping GM would cover it like as mentioned above, adding the difference in ZL and GM covers. BUT will GM cover it seeing it is a RECALL part and currently in Pre Ship. Its the Heater Cord recall incase anyone is wondering. We have a pile of order cards, none have been filled, but our local DC has 1600 and somehow a few local dealers got their hands on 20+ each. My manager here states I cannot get around it and I would have to sprint each one, but like I said that just doesn't seem time effective to me. My manager is pretty new, so I was hoping someone who has run into this exact issue would be able to provide some real insight. I don't want to cancel the SPAC, order these from said dealer, then get shafted with the difference because GM won't over it.
Trav_ThePartsGuy

Return to Parts Managers