HOW MANY RECALL PARTS DO I NEED

HOW MANY RECALL PARTS DO I NEED

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:58 pm

Does anyone know where to look to see how many vehicles are on your recall list? I used to go to Field Action Information and I could get a general feeling of how many of a particular recall part to have in stock but that hasn't been updated since 2018. The 11611651 rivets and 84819605 and 84819606 pads are the big ones coming down now. I used to be able to look at the list in Field Action and if it said I had 200,300 or 1000 vehicles on my list I could order and stay up on inventory without having to many or not enough.
CHUCKINPARTS

Re: HOW MANY RECALL PARTS DO I NEED

Postby camaroman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 pm

When you find out let me know, I have been trying to find out as well.
camaroman

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 pm

it's in field action information app in global connect .

the Duckman

That's where I used to go... When I go to it now all I get is reports from 2018. Is there more than one field action information app?????
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby drapp » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 am

Recall information has been moved. Like all things GM it is a little more difficult to find but not too bad once you get the hang of it. Follow instructions below:

1 - Login to Global Connect
2 - Access "App Center"
3 - In the "Search Apps" box (NOT the search box at the top of the page) type: Max
4 - You should have one application available, called MAXIS - Dealer. Open / Launch it. If you don't have access get with PSC / PSA and have it assigned.
5 - A screen opens that, depending on access, may have several boxes or a few.
6 - Click the green "view" button in the box titled "GFAM Dealer Reports - Dealers"
7 - Depending on internet speed / computer speed and GM speed these steps may take a minute.
8 - When screen opens click "Open VIN Report (Dealer)
********DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO CLICKING THE MIDDLE OPTION "Field Action Initiation Report (Dealer)" IT DOES NOT WORK - YET*********
9 - If you are impatient and double click the report in step 8 you may end up with more than one screen opening. As I said it can be slow.
10 - Once the screen opens you will see a title "Open VIN Report (Dealer)" and a mostly blank box in the middle of the screen. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE BLANK BOXES. More on this later.
11 - Click "Finish" at the very bottom center of the screen.
12 - You will likely see a pop-up warning you this could take a while. Not to worry it generally takes me less than a minute to receive the spreadsheet.
13 - Allow the spreadsheet to open - you will need Excel or a reader to open this.
14 - NOTE: The spreadsheet contains 2 pages. One is general vehicles that belong to someone other than the dealership and the other shows the units in stock at your dealership that require attention.

If you put data in the box(es) mentioned in step 10 you can filter out what appears on the spreadsheet. However, I have found it much easier to work with the data in the spreadsheet as the application can get a little finicky with the boxes containing data.

Hope this helps.
drapp

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks drapp........... I'll try this when I get access to it. Doesn't sound to difficult (for GM standards). OHHH that GM feeling :roll: :roll:
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby camaroman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:20 pm

This is why I love this forum. Thanks for the tip that worked for us. Only issue we had is that it only worked in Chrome on some computers and IE on others. Really strange but we got what we needed. Thanks again.
camaroman

Return to Parts Managers