Tekion DMS

Re: Tekion DMS

Postby AlanHomes » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:36 pm

Awwwww, be a real man and switch to Dealertrack. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
AlanHomes

Postby Torgy » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:29 pm

We're looking at a Demo next week. We went from CDK, to PBS about 3 1/2 years ago...for 6 months and went back to CDK. With PBS it was... we don't have that, but were working on it, or here is a work around for that. But that work around takes two 3x as long to get to the finish. What do you see as positives and negatives from Tekion, and, or Tekion vs. CDK. To me, it's like a High Country vs. Work Truck...yeah it works but what can't it do?
Torgy

Postby camaroman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:57 pm

Well to be perfectly honest, we had Dominion/ACS and switched to Tekion about 4 months ago. The amount of stress that it has caused almost all of the employees, especially the managers is unreal. I myself have been the parts manager here since 1995. My stress level is through the roof, effecting my health and my wife finally sees it is time for me to retire. Maybe if you were with CDK prior it might not be as much of a problem. One of the dealers in our area was the first one in PA to go with Tekion about a year ago and they told us to run as far away as possible. The GM here didn't listen. So here we are. LOL Have a great day all.
camaroman

Postby Torgy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:53 pm

what are your issues that you are having with converting to Tekion. We were shown a demo this morning, and it seems like its user friendly, but that's a demo, and not live situations.
Torgy

Postby JOES924 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 pm

I sure wouldn't want big brother watching all my keystrokes. Inventory adjustments at the top of the list.
JOES924

Postby Torgy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:40 pm

JOES924 wrote:I sure wouldn't want big brother watching all my keystrokes. Inventory adjustments at the top of the list.

too late he already is!
Torgy

Postby JOES924 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:47 pm

Torgy wrote:
JOES924 wrote:I sure wouldn't want big brother watching all my keystrokes. Inventory adjustments at the top of the list.

too late he already is!

I am referring to the owner of the DMS in question. They are known to be scumbags.
JOES924

Postby camaroman » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:42 pm

Just a few examples.

Sold 4 tires from consignment and did what Tekion calls a short sale, which is the way around billing them out on an RO. Tekion does not have a negative sale option at this time, they are working on it, so Short Sale is there version. Well there is a report showing Short Sales, but the tires we sold did not show up, ask Tekion why and they didn't have an answer. Happened more than once.

If you do a manual price update once and do not reset it to Restore OEM Master it will not update ever again, even if it is set to automatically update.

If you search a part for history and want to see what you sold in the last 12 months have a calculator ready, Tekion does not add them up for you. Minor issue, but really an elementary item when setting up a DMS.

When you are in the Parts RO Sales screen and go to create fulfilment you need an RO number, will not let you find it by name or vin.

Pretty much everything you order for wholesale or over the counter sales automatically creates an invoice instead of just being out there as a special order.

They do updates almost weekly and when they do that things you were able to do are not able to done anymore. The Tekion champion of the dealership has to go back in and reset your permissions. Happened more than once.

Only a sampling of the issues we have had in the past four months. issues.

Maybe I am just old and grumpy, but I have had enough.
camaroman

Postby Torgy » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:01 pm

thank you Camaroman for your input, it's much appreciated.
Torgy

Postby camaroman » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:58 pm

One more Tekion issue, so elementary, but yet we can not do. Previous system we could run a report that would give us the total purchases for a year for each wholesale account. Not Tekion, you can only go back 3 months. Seriously how could this not be available?
camaroman

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers