Tekion DMS

Tekion DMS

Postby TheEd » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:15 pm

Search returned nothing, my DP is wanting to switch from R&R to Tekion. As always, the Powerpoint presentation is nice and all, but anyone on here have any hands on experience with it? All I really have to go on right now is "Tesla's former CIO created it".
TheEd

Re: Tekion DMS

Postby drapp » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:13 am

If I recall the only information I remember seeing was in the EBE 2020 guidelines / announcement. If memory serves there was a phone number or contact info in there. It may be worth a look.

All I remember was it appeared to be expensive compared to our CDK system - AND - we did not want to be a pilot / beta / guinea pig.
drapp

Postby MIKE1010 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:11 am

All I can say is we are actively moving to it. Should be complete by June. We shall see.
MIKE1010

Postby Kaju65 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:35 pm

MIKE1010 any updates on this system? We might be moving to this DMS also.
Kaju65

Postby MIKE1010 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:26 am

We are on our third week. It is a challenge,but so is any DMS change. It’s like a heart transplant. We are getting it but have a lot of struggles. They sent a rep for each department for the first week. Unfortunately for parts we didn’t have a rep here for parts. We did zoom and a lot of back and forth phone calls. Not ideal. Since we came from R&R it has been a lot different. Ordering a part on an RO seems to be challenging. A lot of extra steps in my opinion. If they want to close a warranty RO when the customer leaves you have to remove the ordered part and all associated parts that you had in stock but did not give out for the repair. The special order part is tied to the customer but the associated parts are not so there is no way to hold these parts for customer return. They could be sold and when customer returns you won’t have them. The other part that is frustrating is you cannot bill out a part you do not have. In other words it doesn’t like negative on hand billing. Say a part comes in but the manager hasn’t got it posted yet. That’s a problem. Float parts that come in from other warehouses or your fedex parts all have to be posted before you can fill the order on the RO. Buyouts and AC delco distributors are a problem if you don’t post it first. What if your inventory is off and you have the part even though you don’t. Have to correct inventory first. Writing credits have also been a problem. The good thing is we are getting better and they are willing to make changes to the system to meet your needs. Just remember this. Owners have decided to change DMS systems. No amount of complaining will bring back the old system. You better learn to live with that fact. Forget trying to make it run like your old system. The faster you accept it the better off you will be. First week will suck and you will want to quit or break your keyboard. You will need to come in early and stay late just to catch up. It gets better.
MIKE1010

Postby Kaju65 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Thanks for the great info! If we do end up going in this direction do you mind if I hit you up with questions from time to time?
Kaju65

Postby MIKE1010 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Hopefully by then I will have it down. Yes I will help if I can. But you will find that they have a very good staff of people that is not like the current DMS you are using now. There support has been good and like I said they are willing to tweak and make adjustments as necessary.
MIKE1010

Postby Kaju65 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Sounds good, I appreciate it!
Kaju65

Postby camaroman » Thu May 19, 2022 8:04 pm

Just curious if anyone can update their feelings on the use of Tekion? We are going live in July, haven't heard much good from a local dealer on it.
camaroman

Postby X476 » Fri May 20, 2022 12:54 pm

Just remember GM is a partial owner of and recommends this system and we all have seen how great their IT is.
X476

Next

Return to Parts Managers