GM Global Connect

Re: GM Global Connect

Postby PartsPlant81 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:14 pm

NEW RULE: If Global goes down at any point for an extended period of time especially during peak business hours...Dealerships DO NOT get penalized with any of the BS PASE % numbers getting whacked. :evil:
PartsPlant81

Postby bluepart » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Way too much of everyday is spent chasing down parts ordered with no shipping /tracking info, same day adjustments, needing to order parts with no inventory anywhere in GM's system, AND THEN, Global connect goes down and you have customers standing in front of you wondering how long we can keep on doing business this way and survive. Never seen things so bad in 43+ years :evil:
bluepart

Postby bigmac » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Trying to get a keycode and that screen will not work. Says to contact the help desk and that screen won't work. Have been trying to get on Chat all morning and that screen won't work. I have a customer standing in front of me needing a key, drove 35 miles to get here and I cannot help her. I have another customer that we ordered a CV axle for that's on back order. GM sent us a shft that said would work. Got the customer in and found out the shaft they sent is for the left side. The bad axle is the right one. Does anyone remember the good old days when GM just sucked. :evil:
bigmac

Postby JGROSS1978 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm

bigmac wrote:Trying to get a keycode and that screen will not work. Says to contact the help desk and that screen won't work. Have been trying to get on Chat all morning and that screen won't work. I have a customer standing in front of me needing a key, drove 35 miles to get here and I cannot help her. I have another customer that we ordered a CV axle for that's on back order. GM sent us a shft that said would work. Got the customer in and found out the shaft they sent is for the left side. The bad axle is the right one. Does anyone remember the good old days when GM just sucked. :evil:

No chat for me either!
JGROSS1978

Postby X476 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm

I have to use Chrome to get chat to work. In IE11 it will not work and according to help desk Chrome is the only way to use chat feature?
X476

Postby CADLOU » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:31 pm

bigmac wrote:Trying to get a keycode and that screen will not work. Says to contact the help desk and that screen won't work. Have been trying to get on Chat all morning and that screen won't work. I have a customer standing in front of me needing a key, drove 35 miles to get here and I cannot help her. I have another customer that we ordered a CV axle for that's on back order. GM sent us a shft that said would work. Got the customer in and found out the shaft they sent is for the left side. The bad axle is the right one. Does anyone remember the good old days when GM just sucked. :evil:

I stopped using Explorer except when I have to do claims. I seems that part of the system will only work in explorer. Everything else is Chrome.
As for remembering. I remember having a local warehouse that I could get will call and took my returns there. I miss those days.
CADLOU

Postby bigmac » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:28 pm

cadlou I couldn't get chrome to work either.
bigmac

Postby CADLOU » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Did you try looking at the compatibility settings? You should not need to, but I did on a few websites.
CADLOU

Postby bigmac » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:10 pm

CADLOU wrote:Did you try looking at the compatibility settings? You should not need to, but I did on a few websites.

Tried that too. still just get blank screen when I click on the chat button.
bigmac

Postby bigmac » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:23 pm

bigmac wrote:
CADLOU wrote:Did you try looking at the compatibility settings? You should not need to, but I did on a few websites.

Tried that too. still just get blank screen when I click on the chat button.

Called the dealer down the road and asked then to pull it up. Theirs is the same way. Just a Blank Screen.
bigmac

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers