CDK price6

CDK price6

Postby Torgy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm

has anyone with CDK found parts that are have a price in price field 6 that you did not enter? I have found some in the past and just corrected them as I go, but I have found about 5 in the past week, so I am thinking that it might have to do with the PMU from CDK. Some parts are priced below cost and some are priced just below "trade". I opened one case with CDK to see if they could provide me with a list of part numbers in my DMS with a price in the price 6 field. They told me that I have over 17,000 part numbers and that it would print almost 1000 pages of part numbers. So red flag there that I shouldn't have that many part numbers with a price6.

I have also opened another case with CDK but have not received a reply as of now.
Torgy

Re: CDK price6

Postby Torgy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:17 pm

well I did receive a call back from CDK. It appears that when we switched to a company called PBS for about 6 months in 2017, and the back to CDK in 2018 they did not get our PMU set up correctly so anything that GM had a price in price 6 for did not update. So we have had the incorrect pricing for a little over 2 years on some parts because the Price6 field did not update and Price6 overrides the list price. I'm not really sure even why GM would have a price in this field as it is the same price as list. But I know for sure that there has been some loss of GP over the last 2 + years, but no real way to determine of how much. :x
Torgy

Return to Parts Managers