Ford Adopts The GM Way....

Ford Adopts The GM Way....

Postby Denise Trimble » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Our ADI sent out a e-mail stating they are cutting most Motorcraft parts except batteries and a few items. Apparently FMC is going the way of the General: forcing their dealers to purchase from them only! Most of our independents and local Ford dealers are very upset. Understandably.
Denise Trimble

Re: Ford Adopts The GM Way....

Postby bsnyder723 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Our dealer group includes a Ford store, and I'm sure they aren't looking forward the upcoming shit show.. I also know that our AC Delco distributor is also a Motorcraft distributor and I've heard from them that they are probably going to be cutting personal because their business is going to drop.
bsnyder723

Postby CADLOU » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Our battery rep told us the same thing last week. Said a lot of the guys that were furloughed from the virus is not coming back. For me that is fine, the way I was treated during this whole mess they can stick it. I told them then, that they were not the only game in town and that all I had to get from them was my accessories. Missed the days when I could but from anyone anywhere.
CADLOU

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Looking back on it, our ADI drivers were told the same thing about their fellow workers: "Their furloughs may become permanent." I suppose we should've known something was steaming down the rails!
Denise Trimble

Postby smoyer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Our ADI sent out a e-mail stating they are cutting most Motorcraft parts except batteries and a few items. Apparently FMC is going the way of the General: forcing their dealers to purchase from them only! Most of our independents and local Ford dealers are very upset. Understandably.

Good luck your inventories will double and so will your drinking
smoyer

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm

BY THE WAY AT GM WE USE " ADI " for our LPO program ( limited production options) (accessories added on)

at GM we use the term "WD" (warehouse distributor I think) for our AC Delco distributors

JUST SAYIN
olepartsguy

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:55 am

olepartsguy wrote:BY THE WAY AT GM WE USE " ADI " for our LPO program ( limited production options) (accessories added on)

at GM we use the term "WD" (warehouse distributor I think) for our AC Delco distributors

JUST SAYIN

Our ADI & WD are the same company: ADW
Denise Trimble

Return to Parts Managers