Perhaps GM is looking for you - Here is your chance...

Perhaps GM is looking for you - Here is your chance...

Postby Whiner » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:06 am

All you have to be is young and know NOTHING about the auto industry. Check out below posted on Linked In

Entry Level District Manager Development Program
Company NameGeneral Motors Company Location Detroit, MI, US
Posted DatePosted 4 days ago Number of applicants
48 applicants

Show more options

About GM

There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.

To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.

Why Work for Us

Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.

Job Description

About Sales, Service and Marketing (SSM)

Driving all General Motors Sales for North America this group is made up of Chevrolet, Buick, GMC brands as well as our Sales Operations groups. For the race enthusiast we house the Motorsports and accessories which provide a large contribution to the revenue of SSM. SSM is also the home to all of GM’s marketing groups- from auto shows, to new vehicle launches. SSM has a mix of sales, support and analytics – see what drives GM!

The District Managers in Training is in the Sales Service and Marketing business of GM. This is a rotational program as you will rotate through a series of assignments. You have territorial responsibility for the administration of the Sales and Service Agreements that exist between General Motors and its dealers.

District Managers are based throughout the nation and training will occur at or near General Motor’s regional locations in the following cities:
Naperville, IL
Alpharetta, GA
Irving, TX
Danbury CT
West Lake Village, CA
Detroit, MI

At GM, we earn customers for life. Dealerships are the face of GM and it would be your responsibility to oversee and possibly implement new insights. You would act as a consultant to the dealerships by working together with them on the development and implementation of their business plans. You work closely with the dealers to ensure that our customers have the best customer experience from the time of purchase through the life cycle of their vehicle. There is a lot of involvement in a variety of activities including implementation and development of marketing initiatives, customer retention, product displays, financial analysis, and training.

Selected candidates for the District Manager Development Program will be placed into General Motors’ internationally recognized and award-winning training program. This is a short-term (3-4 month) developmental program that will prepare you for a District Manager assignment upon completion of training. You'll experience key positions and projects during the developmental program. Following the successful completion of the DM Development Program, you will be eligible for assignment.

The training structure will provide you with knowledge of GM’s retail sales strategy, dealer network, vehicle order and purchase process, business management and other areas. The rotational program will also help you develop a strong personal network of business professionals within GM and the automotive industry. Long term career mobility is a requirement for District Managers.

Requirements
Relocate anywhere in the United States after first 5 months of employment
Attend training in Detroit, MI area as needed
Complete training in a Regional location first 5 months of employment
Travel between GM dealerships 80-85% of the time and be home based
This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis

Qualifications

Additional Job Description
Obtaining a Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing, or related fields of study
Must be graduating between October 2020 - June 2021
Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
Position involves extensive overnight travel
Ability to balance challenging priorities while maintaining effectiveness in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills that involves understanding the audience; getting the message across; presenting information effectively; and communicating openly
Excellent time leadership skills – the ability to effectively and efficiently use your time to focus on the most impactful activities and challenge those that distract from the identified goal
Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
Digital literacy to develop, maintain, and analyze data

Desired Skills
Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric

Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.

PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.

Diversity Information

General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.

We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Whiner

Re: Perhaps GM is looking for you - Here is your chance...

Postby Z23T » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 am

Sounds like my DMA, young, inexperienced and not really able to help me with anything.

I remember when we had parts only reps from GM that at least tried to help you out, made sure you knew about upcoming programs and if you were missing any opportunities. Today all I get is, "You're not selling as many batteries, or wiper blades, or cabin air filters as the region....."
Z23T

Postby bsnyder723 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Z23T wrote:Sounds like my DMA, young, inexperienced and not really able to help me with anything.

I remember when we had parts only reps from GM that at least tried to help you out, made sure you knew about upcoming programs and if you were missing any opportunities. Today all I get is, "You're not selling as many batteries, or wiper blades, or cabin air filters as the region....."

And tires!! Don't forget the push on tires as well... My rep sends us at least 3 emails a week reminding us that every vehicle should get a tire quote.... I wonder if the guy who is bringing in his brand new Sierra for it's first oil change appreciates the tire quote?? LOL
bsnyder723

Postby ricks42+ » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:24 pm

They left out the requirement to drink the Kool-Aid !!!!!
ricks42+

Postby partsguy99 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm

That's pretty typical of GM hiring. I remember, had to be the late 90's early 2000's the Zone manager brought around the new DM to introduce her to PM's in her district. Was talking to her on the side and asked how long has she been working for GM parts. She mentioned that she spent 6 MONTHS at one of the GM Parts call centers before becoming a DM. Prior to the GM call center job, SHE WAS MANAGING A SHOE STORE! I seem to recall she lasted about a year being a DM.
partsguy99

Postby parts4life » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:03 pm

Hilarious....

We want to be the best of everything here at GM....blah blah blah
Unfortunately, they achieve their goals on the backs of the dealers, for which they give zero shits about.....

Gotta love their perpetual growth model of PASE.......
We miss the days when we had a CHOICE as to where we bought our parts from.
Now it's just "drink the kool aid and BUY MORE PARTS"

How did the strike and Covid work out for that PASE program? Not very well.
It became a giant house of cards crashing to the ground for most dealers.........
parts4life

Postby bsnyder723 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:16 pm

parts4life wrote:Hilarious....

We want to be the best of everything here at GM....blah blah blah
Unfortunately, they achieve their goals on the backs of the dealers, for which they give zero shits about.....

Gotta love their perpetual growth model of PASE.......
We miss the days when we had a CHOICE as to where we bought our parts from.
Now it's just "drink the kool aid and BUY MORE PARTS"

How did the strike and Covid work out for that PASE program? Not very well.
It became a giant house of cards crashing to the ground for most dealers.........

All my rep does is push.. Batteries... Air/Cabin filters....Tires!!! Never mind the part about not being able to get parts for the vehicles that are down in your shop. Need assistance?? Buy more Tires and batteries
bsnyder723

Postby olepartsguy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm

I ASKED MY DMS ABOUT EXPEDITING BACKORDER PARTS DURING THE COVID 19 CRISIS.
THE BS HE GAVE ME : WE ARE ONLY EXPEDITING PARTS FOR "ESSENTIAL WORKERS" IF SO FILL OUT THE 20 PAGE QUESTIONAIRE AND IF WE APPROVE IT THEN WE WILL LISTEN TO YOUR CASE, OTHERWISE DONT BOTHER US . WE ARE TO BUST SELLING PARTS TO HOME DEPOT AND WALMART
olepartsguy

Return to Parts Managers