D2D dealer to dealer purchases

D2D dealer to dealer purchases

Postby cain555 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm

I apologize if this has already been addressed or I look way behind here, but we now buy parts from other dealers only using D2D? No invoices? Not sure I understand...Can anyone help me?

Thanks
cain555

Re: D2D dealer to dealer purchases

Postby smoyer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:35 pm

When we ship D2D i don't create an invoice i use the shipping label and packer attach it to the part and ship it when i get my credit i take care of it in accounting,Don't know if that helps
smoyer

Postby Torgy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:28 pm

You can still call dealers and purchase parts that you find on the locator and be invoiced from that dealer directly.
I think that they brought on PayPal as another way for a dealer to pay a dealer directly for something that they are purchasing through D2D inline, rather that have to call with a credit card.
Torgy

Postby Whatsyourvin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:34 am

Torgy wrote:You can still call dealers and purchase parts that you find on the locator and be invoiced from that dealer directly.
I think that they brought on PayPal as another way for a dealer to pay a dealer directly for something that they are purchasing through D2D inline, rather that have to call with a credit card.

This is how we do it...the locator is simply a tool to see who has the parts. I have never purchased a part through D2D...nor have I had anyone try it with us. We just call/email the selling dealer and purchase directly that way with a credit card and our FedEx/Purolator #.

Works well when needed. Just bought a $2500 exhaust from another dealer this way because SPAC said too big to ship!! Guess they haven't heard of LTL Freight!!
Whatsyourvin

Postby Parts007 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 am

When you sell a part, regardless of how you sell it, you should be creating an invoice to relieve the inventory and balance accounting. If you are filling a SPAC case thru GM SPRINT, you are billing GM. If you are selling to another dealer, you will bill them directly.
Parts007

Postby Torgy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:11 pm

AGREE 007
Torgy

Postby Whatsyourvin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Parts007 wrote:When you sell a part, regardless of how you sell it, you should be creating an invoice to relieve the inventory and balance accounting. If you are filling a SPAC case thru GM SPRINT, you are billing GM. If you are selling to another dealer, you will bill them directly.

For sure...we set up a specific account "General Motors Parts Locator" that is set up at the M15% rate we get, and we just change the Ship to and/or notes to the dealer receiving the part along. Our reference/purchase order is the SPAC # so it can eventually be traced back in accounting. Works well. That said only 3 of us look after it as too many people were clicking on them without actually checking to see if the part is available. We always verify we have the part before accepting as it pisses us off when it happens to us.
Whatsyourvin

Return to Parts Managers