Increasing RIM SPQ’s info.

Increasing RIM SPQ’s info.

Postby jdpetey » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 am

The opportunity to increase SPQ levels on RIM Managed, SC 02 parts, while offering ‘protection’, was a nice modification to the ‘system’, I came across a pitfall that I would like to point out.

I took the time to increase many ‘fast moving’ parts that RIM SPQ’s were somewhat low. Not to mention items that have ‘Special Policies’ or Ship Direct items that have longer replenishment times. Also helps when trying to anticipate any supply chain disruptions.

I recently noticed that a lot of my increases had decreased during a recalculation.

If you have your RIM parameters set up to ‘automatically’ accept ‘RIM’ policies going ‘down’, the numbers you have increased will go back down to ‘RIM SPQ’ levels and override your increases when recalculatioms occur.

That’s not necessarily bad, but, if you change the ‘settings’, you will see when RIM has recalculated the SPQ (going down), and it will give you the opportunity to review your increases, allowing you to lower levels when part sales start to drop off.

Going forward, I will monitor and see if a RIM SPQ is reduced, that I be will given the option to ‘maintain current SPQ’ or modify my increased SPQ to a lower level.

Don’t know how many of you have ventured into this area, but I thought I would point that out to those of you who did.
jdpetey

Re: Increasing RIM SPQ’s info.

Postby camaroman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:35 am

Thanks for the heads up. Once again this forum proves to be a valuable tool in our daily struggles with the General.
camaroman

Return to Parts Managers