Service/parts splits

Service/parts splits

Postby cain555 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:24 pm

How do you all split your credits/costs between you and service on these items. I would love to see where I stand compared to the rest of you to see if I am being fair or too nice :D

1) PASE credit money- 80% parts/20% service
2) My Rewards dealer loyalty contribution - split 3 ways between New Car, Service, Parts
3) Service discount (like a AAA discount that the service writer gives on an RO)- 90% to service/10% to parts
4) Parts transfer - 50% of gross profit on CP RO's gets split between parts and service (following the GM recommended guide)

Thanks!
cain555

Re: Service/parts splits

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:46 am

We split the them as the following:
GM dealer that still uses parts transfer so 50% of CP gross profit goes to service each month.
GM PASE money is also split 50/50 between both parts and service.
Any discounts or coupon uses by service customers are split 70% cost to service and 30% cost to parts.
Rental car and loaner car expenses such as depreciation, licenses, insurance, etc. and other costs are 70% cost to service and 30% cost to parts.

I am hoping to see some good feedback in this thread as I have recently been thinking about approaching our general manager about splitting things up differently
but I need some ideas as to how others are splitting things up. I just feel that the parts department in GM stores has to "prop up" the service department way to much.
Fixed Ops Mgr

Re: Service/parts splits

Postby mdishong » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:28 pm

1) PASE credit money- 100% parts dept.
2) My Rewards dealer loyalty contribution - 100% in the department it is be spent
3) Service discount (like a AAA discount that the service writer gives on an RO)- 100% service dept (there is a 1/4 credit check service gets to off set some of these discounts-Napa rep hands out to our store)
4) Parts transfer - 50% of gross profit on CP RO's gets split between parts and service (following the GM recommended guide)
mdishong

Return to Parts Managers