Warranty part return w/core

Warranty part return w/core

Postby cain555 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:25 pm

We have a new warranty admin I wasn't sure when GM wants part back for inspection but that part has a core- do you just create a new RO with the core charge and reference the original RO? Or something else?

Thanks in advance
cain555

Re: Warranty part return w/core

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:35 pm

I believe the Warranty Admin takes care of this by a debiting/crediting process, to the net item section of your RO in GlobalConnect, on their warranty submission page. Our Admin submits it with any other return admin fees which may be eligible. (Can kind of understand the breakdown of net items if you see top of pg 117 in the warr admin manual from JAN 2019)
Denise Trimble

Re: Warranty part return w/core

Postby Torgy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:01 pm

We set up a customer called GM Warranty and have linked the warranty schedule. We create a parts invoice for the admin fee + any core charges. We then hand that invoice to our warranty admin. and she submits that claim as a "addendum" to the original RO in Global Warranty. When that is paid it will show on the warranty schedule and will be cleared through the clearing process. When we do it this way at least I know that the parts department is getting the admin fees for processing the return and the core charge is being credited to the parts account.
Torgy

Return to Parts Managers