PASE-1ST SERVICE VISIT

PASE-1ST SERVICE VISIT

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:35 pm

IS ANYONE HITTING THERE 1ST SERVICE VISIT OR SERVICE RETENTION NUMBERS?
AND IF SO HOW FAR/CLOSE IS THE NEXT DEALER TO YOU.

I HAD THE OPPURTUNITY OF LOOKING AT A DEALER'S NUMBERS THAT IS 30 MILES AWAY FROM ME AND REALLY DOES NOT HAVE ANY COMPETITION AROUND THEM. THEY ALSO DO NOT MEET THE NUMBERS EVERY MONTH.

I THINK GM LOOKS AT ALL OUR NUMBERS AND THEN GIVES US A CRITERIA THAT MOST CANT BE MET.

I AM BEATIND DOWN A DEAD HORSE I KNOW.
olepartsguy

Re: PASE-1ST SERVICE VISIT

Postby PartScott » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:44 pm

We have always hit our 1st visit numbers (sometimes with the "beat the region" qualifier) but we have never hit our retention number. We have other dealers about 20 miles to our north and 30 miles to our south.
PartScott

Postby JGROSS1978 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:32 pm

No on both!!
JGROSS1978

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:25 am

About 50/50 here, we sometimes hit and sometimes miss. Drive less than 20 miles in ANY direction and get to another dealer - one direction has two a couple blocks apart. 5 dealers total in a 20 mile radius, not including us.

It is difficult to hit PASE targets. Remember it is an average. Therefore, by design HALF the dealers won't hit the target. GM doesn't want all dealers to hit the target, there isn't that much money in the budget.

Our biggest problem is loyalty and the bogus part number subs in the PASE system that causes us to lose percentage points. We still hit the target but some months it is too close for comfort.

Like I tell them this is all smoke and mirrors - it does nothing to help us fix cars and satisfy customers. It actually hurts. We spend time on this stuff that could be better spent helping actually make a profit.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Since I have no direct control what the rest of the dealer is doing why should I be penalized? PASE

I have created a new program for you. PARTS AND SHIPPING EXCELLANCE.

Because you have no control of the rest of your departments(58,75,01,76 crossdock)(but you do)
I think your paycheck should be directly affected when my customers do not receive there parts because you cant hire enough people to get the parts that my customers (not yours) (you dont care) ordered to me as promised.

lets say we debit you directly when it takes more than a extra day? there is no standard of service at GMSPO.

Why are you PENALIZING us for buying parts from you????????????????????

I am surprised my janitor and the cleanliness of the dealership is not involved in the equation. I can actually manage that.

Every month my paycheck gets smaller but I buy more parts from you.

You bean counters are going to put GM in bancruptcy again.

WHY? Because we GM dealers do not work for you? We sell your products, and if you continue with our livelihood, you will no longer have intelligent people running the Parts Departments anymore.

This PASE program isnt really looking out for the customer (my customer) it is a way to take away dollars you supposedly think you are giving us for free. We can purchase GM Genuine parts from China just like you do and get it for a lot cheaper.
You think you know my customer? You have never met my customer unless they are complaining. You dont really know what we do here do you? Stay in your offices, the real problem is you and your warehouse chain. Not us and our BS service retention.
olepartsguy

Postby partsguy99 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:49 pm

olepartsguy wrote:
WHY? Because we GM dealers do not work for you? We sell your products, and if you continue with our livelihood, you will no longer have intelligent people running the Parts Departments anymore.

I can assure you, after spending 45 years (35 as a PM), the GM Corporate Schmucks consider you and all the other people at all of THEIR DEALERSHIPS an employee of GENERAL MOTORS. I noticed this change in attitude a couple of years after the Chapter 11
reorganization in 2009. Don't kid yourself, you work for THEM.
partsguy99

Return to Parts Managers